Congratulations Liam Palmer

57 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Agreed, we should be proud. It’s great for Palmer, playing in a defence with arguably the best left back in the world at the moment 

And the back up to Robertson is Tierney. So to be playing left back for us and to be right back at International level is a real credit to how good he has become.

Not good enough..........lol

Joking aside, I remember when we used to collectively celebrate our homegrown international successes, always remember being made up when Ryan Jones made the Wales team. (Not the one near Kiveton)

Well done Liam Palmer, representing us with pride.

Edited by Morepork

11 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Agreed, we should be proud. It’s great for Palmer, playing in a defence with arguably the best left back in the world at the moment 

Morgans looked a bit better when he's played this season, but wouldn't say hes best in world, Europe maybe 

• Haha 2

Thought he actually played OK, didn't have much defending to do mind, but looked to go and pass forward quickly, put a couple of decent crosses in and passing generally OK.

What got me was him running to retrieve the ball then taking a quick throwing to his own player, why can't we do that at Hillsborough?

Well done Liam

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, Striggy said:

Thought he actually played OK, didn't have much defending to do mind, but looked to go and pass forward quickly, put a couple of decent crosses in and passing generally OK.

What got me was him running to retrieve the ball then taking a quick throwing to his own player, why can't we do that at Hillsborough?

Well done Liam

Monk treats throw ins as set pieces. They are organized.  Hutchinson said so in his commentary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Monk treats throw ins as set pieces. They are organized.  Hutchinson said so in his commentary.

As they need to be, not seen much sign of it so far though, perhaps the squad still learning? Good for Monk if he gets it right.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

And so he should. For many of the 70+ years I have been watching Wednesday, we have been so lax at throw-ins. No.one gets into position. It's as though we don't want the ball. I have said to y side-kick numerous times that, were I a Wednesday player taking a throw-in, I would often be tempted to throw it to an opponent who looked as though he wanted it.

Throw ins should be treated like fre kicks, They can be so advantageous. Its one time for instance when a forward cannot be offside, and can often give a chance to get behind the fukk back.

34 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

And so he should. For many of the 70+ years I have been watching Wednesday, we have been so lax at throw-ins. No.one gets into position. It's as though we don't want the ball. I have said to y side-kick numerous times that, were I a Wednesday player taking a throw-in, I would often be tempted to throw it to an opponent who looked as though he wanted it.

Throw ins should be treated like fre kicks, They can be so advantageous. Its one time for instance when a forward cannot be offside, and can often give a chance to get behind the fukk back.

well, that's one way around the swear filter lol

• Haha 1