Blackburn away

On 01/10/2019 at 12:46, bradowl said:

Why Chansiri? We weren't first club in this league to put prices up to silly numbers. 

No Leeds were and we wrongly followed . Several clubs are now punishing fans of these teams , Barnsley being another example . Our prices are disgusting and now others are following 

On 08/10/2019 at 07:38, james o connor said:

No Leeds were and we wrongly followed . Several clubs are now punishing fans of these teams , Barnsley being another example . Our prices are disgusting and now others are following 

But the I’m Alright Jacks keep arguing that our pricing strategy is acceptable.

Personally I’m baffled that anyone would defend the club when it comes to what we charge for POTG tickets.

Put it this way, if I didn’t have a season ticket (and there’s loads of totally rational reasons why a big SWFC fan wouldn’t automatically have one), I’d have to really consider whether buying matchday tickets is worth the cost of going.  Because at least 80% of the time, it’s a rip-off.  I’m sure there will be thousands of fans who will have had similar thoughts on this since the price-hike in 2015.

Also while we continue to charge Champions League prices for Championship football, the club is unlikely to attract the casual fans back to attending regularly.

On 01/10/2019 at 12:46, bradowl said:

Why Chansiri? We weren't first club in this league to put prices up to silly numbers. 

Sounds like you are justifying our prices because we weren’t first , Mr Chansiri didn’t have to out price many fans home and away , but he has . 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

really don't think this has anything to do with "revenge"

Blackburn have simply looked at which clubs are likely to bring the most away fans and decided to ramp up the costs for them clubs

I emailed Blackburn last week to ask for justification for £40 tickets in the championship and unsurprisingly I've had no response

I'll begrudgingly pay it as the overall day including travel costs are quite low in comparison to somewhere like Swansea or Bristol City