Monks 'Boro musings

image.png.09b502eba37195ccba96f6cbbc9fa5e1.png

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.png Tom Lees- Been out on the pitches. Training again. In terms of the weekend. We are assessing him. He’s progressing really , really good. In terms of the weekend, maybe a little bit short of that. But we’re hoping for next week. He’s edging closer every day. Looks good. Looks stronger, but maybe the weekend is a little too soon.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.png David Bates- Little bit of a tweak. He hasn’t been training today. If he’s not quite right tomorrow we’ll send him for a scan. The key is to let it settle.  

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngSquad assessment - : The competitiveness has been there. And what I’ve made clear is that competitiveness needs to maintain and not just be a case of doing it in that period a new manager’s there (come in) . We need to maintain that standard to try and help us through the rest of the season. They’ve all trained well and now I’ve seen them all have minutes on the pitch (too). They will all contribute towards the rest of the season. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngNew (short)  Goal-kick Rule – Every manager has their own beliefs, mine is you look at it statistically, take out Man city,  look at our league, look how many teams you take it short in your own area and it ends up in their third is minimal. It’s 1 in 5 the other 4 It’s out of play or even a counter attack against you. I don’t want to take that needless risk. Take that risk out of the players. I want players to play to their strengths. Maybe in time. But not at the moment. Things like that need a lot of work on. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngDiscipline & bookings – I love the commitment side of it. At this moment in time it’s fine. Ours have been from commitment and I can accept those. Needless ones, dissent , the ones where balls are kicked away ,the needless ones, the ones you want to avoid the most, yeah. But at the moment it is what it is.  If it’s commitment, challenges, trying to be on the front foot as long as it’s not stupid we just deal with it as we go along.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngMiddlesbro'- They’ve got goal threats and they’ve got good defenders. It’ll be a tough place for us to go. We’re preparing for a tough game and making the players aware of that. But the way I work is for us to concentrate on ourselves. Of course you need to know their threats and be aware of that but 90% of I do is on what we need to do. We understand their strengths. But if we do what we know we can and to the level we’re pushing for…  I know the players and their strengths and weaknesses, as individuals, but they now play different systems and formations so that’s the challenge for us.  

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngStadium Sale – That’s a club issue. I’m not really aware of whats what. My focus is the football and pushing these players. I’ve  just had it at Birmingham. I’m just here for the players. At this moment in time I’m just focused on the football. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngIt’s not about me – Against Huddersfield it was said it was about me and Danny Cowley with the manager situation. Obviously Middlesbro' (Monks old club) but it’s not about me, or my past or my history , it’s about these players, this club that’s all that matters. I’m just here to give everything I can give to this club.  Anything else has no bearing.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngStadium Sale – That’s a club issue. I’m not really aware of whats what. My focus is the football and pushing these players. I’ve  just had it at Birmingham. I’m just here for the players. At this moment in time I’m just focused on the football.

Who has asked him about this?

Edited by Miffed

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Obviously Middlesbro' (Monks old club) but it’s not about me, or my past or my history , it’s about these players, this club that’s all that matters. I’m just here to give everything I can give to this club.  Anything else has no bearing.

But really, really. I want to give them one hell of a beating and slide down the touchline on my knees when Harris scores the winner. Juninho, Bob Mortimer, erm, struggling now, Stewart Downing? Your boys took one hell of a beating. Come on Wednesday!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I don't know but they might as well have asked him about Climate change or how to fix a leaking sink for how much that topic relates to him. Journos, useless.

It just seems that, yet again, local journos cant wait to thrown in a negative question. They all seem obsessed with bringing up anything like this at all, while all of the uncertainty across the city about the ownership and the legal battles was portrayed as "exciting times"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I think the directors box maybe more interesting if Chansiri is here. 

If I was Gibson I’d be extremely worried if a few Thai people are sat behind me :biggrin:

With machetes, lol  tops off of course, FFS :duntmatter:

Edited by cognacbarnowl
Eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Love his response about passing it out from the back. Too many managers trying to act like Pep and are being made to look like clowns when caught out. Keep it simple. 

Kick it anywhere do you mean ? , nothing wrong with possession football or mixing it up at least . 

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Kick it anywhere do you mean ? , nothing wrong with possession football or mixing it up at least . 

There’s lots wrong with taking very short goal kicks because as Monk says 80% of t(e time it gets you no where and quite often it puts you in the poo

im always delighted to see the opposition try it.....in fact for the teams that do that it’s a close call as to whether a goal kick or a corner is better for us

Monks comments make me want us to give him a 25 year contract 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

There’s lots wrong with taking very short goal kicks because as Monk says 80% of t(e time it gets you no where and quite often it puts you in the poo

im always delighted to see the opposition try it.....in fact for the teams that do that it’s a close call as to whether a goal kick or a corner is better for us

Monks comments make me want us to give him a 25 year contract 

So you prefer the lump up to Fletcher every time  then ?

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you prefer the lump up to Fletcher every time  then ?

We  pass it along the back 4 bannan comes back for it does his piroette gives back to lees who then launches it towards fletcher.....very few teams in this division are good enough to play from the back .....I'm with monk on this one