Monks 'Boro musings

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

We  pass it along the back 4 bannan comes back for it does his piroette gives back to lees who then launches it towards fletcher.....very few teams in this division are good enough to play from the back .....I'm with monk on this one

We may not have the players to do a Man City or a Spurs type of possession football , doesn’t stop me preferring to watch pass and move though . Norwich looked good last season . We rely far too much on the long punt towards Fletcher for me all the same . 

52 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We may not have the players to do a Man City or a Spurs type of possession football , doesn’t stop me preferring to watch pass and move though . Norwich looked good last season . We rely far too much on the long punt towards Fletcher for me all the same . 

There’s a time and place for pass and move and on the edge of your own 6 yard line is not it......as it proved time and time again by teams at all levels.......i would guess that the number of times a team takes a goal kick within their own 18 yard box and scores without the opposition having a touch is less than 0.001%

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Look at our defenders 

Would you want Obubajo, Iorfa and Palmer playing tippy tippy around our box!

Monk thinks the same but being polite 

Lee is the best right back in club by a mile, remember those performances after he first joined us.

Plus he's only had 3 good games in midfield.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Look at our defenders 

Would you want Obubajo, Iorfa and Palmer playing tippy tippy around our box!

Monk thinks the same but being polite 

Agreed ...but it would be nice to see Borner striding purposefully into the middle third with the ball at his feet, a la Beckenbauer! It would also be nice to see Bannan, Hutchinson et al trying to get free to receive a pass in the critical area of the pitch instead of running back to the defence to collect a two yard pass from the defence.:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Do you not have a preference on how you like to see a team play ? . 

Yes....a massive preference for seeing a team play in the opposition half and trying to score.....not playing Russian roulette in our own box

19 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Lee is the best right back in club by a mile, remember those performances after he first joined us.

Plus he's only had 3 good games in midfield.

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?!

:duntmatter:

Out of interest: which three?

I think Fred means 3 seasons.

• Haha 2