May surpise some fans

9 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Statistics website Whoscored had mixed player ratings after the performance, but they gave their star man award to 26-year-old Moses Odubajo for his overall performance in the game.

odubajofulham.jpg

What I find even more surprising is that his stats have continued to update since the game finished.

Perhaps he's forgotten to take his GPS tracking vest off.

image.png.5f32bb961cff532612c11ba9b7933db4.png

I suppose it goes to show how statistics and algorithms can only go so far in terms of judging a game of football.

Odubajo was solid on Saturday, but he wasn't our best player.

There were a couple of times where he went walkabout from his right-back slot, leaving a gaping gap where he should have been. Plenty of fans around me noticed, but the numbers won't show it.

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

56% pass accuracy cant be right  ……..I think i'd have noticed if he had passed the ball to a Fulham player 44% of the time ...my math aint great but that's summat around 20 times …..

You’re right about your maths not been great.....44% of 25 is 11....and that includes passes that went out of play as well as those that went to Fulham players

9 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Our fans have hated every right back since Nillson

Criticising full backs is a curse of the “modern game”......there’s no other position on the pitch where players are supposed to be world class going forward and at the back

No one says “that Aguero, decent finisher but if someone runs at him one on one he’s rubbish”....even midfielders who are creative but poor at the defensive element get a “yes but that’s not why he’s in the team”

Full backs however are supposed to be fantastic at everything despite quite often being the least expensive player.....Hunt and particularly Spurr suffered with it when at Wednesday despite the likes of Potter passing all the responsibility on to them to make things happen and having JJ and Teale in front of them proving no defensive cover or help whatsoever

Having said all that Odubajo is a big concern!

9 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Our fans have hated every right back since Nillson

Bit of an exaggeration that..

- Atherton (solid although not the quickest)

- Bullen in the first promotion from L1 (pretty consistent and came up with a few important goals)

- Simek (was fantastic before he got pole axed at Palace)

- Buxton (again solid and reliable)

Turns his back on the ball too often for me which is criminal for a defender at this level. Got away with it on Saturday but it has cost him/us already this season. 

Getting better though and in general he's been good the last couple of games. Saturday was his best for us so far