Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

5 minutes ago, sternlad said:

The two wide players should (in my opinion) be prepared to switch wings occasionally to test both full backs...as a full back if you know that your wingers going to try and go down the line it makes defending that little bit easier. If the wingers switch you’re never sure if they might cut inside or not...mind you no professional should be one footed ...I don’t know how Reach, Bannan etc sleep at night knowing one foot is just for standing on!

I love to see a winger get to the byline,  but also would like them to mix it up and put some early crosses in from deeper to keep the opposition defence on their toes.

8 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

1-1 - Ware getting worse under Bulllen by the game and becoming more and more defensive.

Seen so many Wednesday managers lose their jobs because they become defensive and worry about the opposition rather than play to our own strengths

If Bullen follows this mould he won’t last long

7 minutes ago, horny owl said:

If Bullen follows this mould he won’t last long

Probably won't last long anyway.

If he went all out attack he'd get called tactically naive first time we lost.

He's in a no win situation. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Probably won't last long anyway.

If he went all out attack he'd get called tactically naive first time we lost.

He's in in a no win situation. 

I see your point

But it annoys me when managers start out with attacking, winning football then revert to defensive dross that never accumulates points

seen it so many times

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Bullen get it during the break if we win SiJ? 

Don't know. 

Be hard to not give him the job if he wins imo. 

Either way, think a decision needs to be made over the next two weeks. 

If Bullen is to be the manager, then he should be appointed and backed with some new coaching staff. 

Otherwise, I think we are getting into "taking the pi55" territory. 

8 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I see your point

But it annoys me when managers start out with attacking, winning football then revert to defensive dross that never accumulates points

seen it so many times

Fear factor. 

Though that can also be true of players.

13 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Get t'by-line!!!!

We used to stand on the Kop right in line with Don Megson’s left back position...always good to see opposition wingers landing on the gravel running track next to the South terrace after a “strong challenge” from Don. There were very few who got by him unscathed to “t’by-line”!,:wacko:

Guest gizowl
35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I love to see a winger get to the byline,  but also would like them to mix it up and put some early crosses in from deeper to keep the opposition defence on their toes.

I'd also like occasionally to move to the inside to latch onto through balls between the centre half and full back, with their pace they should be straight in on goal, the full back can take up the wide position.