Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Fletch hasn't really done much wrong but Nuhiu had just put in two decent performances and deserves a start just to send the message to the others that if you perform you have a chance of making the side. If he doesn't start I can see the fringe players getting demotivated.

Can't drop fletch, he gives too much to the team including defence plus been our best/most consistent player since mid last season. 

25 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

Reach is a LW and Harris is a RW.

You might not have noticed, but some managers like wingers to play on the wrong wing so they can cut in and shoot

Carlos used Wallace and Forestieri like that

We've often used Reach wide right, and Harris has played most of his minutes for us wide left

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Fletch hasn't really done much wrong but Nuhiu had just put in two decent performances and deserves a start just to send the message to the others that if you perform you have a chance of making the side. If he doesn't start I can see the fringe players getting demotivated.

Generally I agree that people can play their way I to the team.

But  Fletcher has been in the best form of all the strikers. 

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Reach in for Murphy

I would get Luongo in for Hutch too but I can’t see Bullen dropping his favourite 3. 

I dont see how we can move on if we continue to entertain Bannan and Hutch so deep - it’ll restrict our goals tally

This all day, I think it has to be indiscipline. Have four managers actually said to Bannan and hutch, 'right, I want you two to play sweeper today'. 

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You might not have noticed, but some managers like wingers to play on the wrong wing so they can cut in and shoot

We've often used Reach wide right, and Harris has played most of his minutes for us wide left

Aye. Carlos loved that.  Not the only one mind. Think the "inside outies" wingers  tends to happen a lot with the  4-4-2 managers. So they don't get too stretched if it  breaks down. Fullbacks providing the width. 

More scope for the natural foot with that freedom of a front three I reckoned.

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I know. But in a recent press conference Bullen said he wants his wingers going down the line. Plus, we saw the benefit of left-footed players on the left late on at Deepdale. Had Harris revived that pass from Fox rather than Reach we don’t score. If Reach had been on the right when he received the pass we don’t score.

Prior to S6 Reach was 100% Left.

Prior to S6 Harris was 100% Right.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Do you have any idea how lousy our goal scoring record is with a FF-Fletcher front two?

If FF plays we need a third striker on. As an example, look how awful we were when we had FF-Fletcher on v Preston. Look how it transformed when we had FF-Nuhiu-Fletcher for the last period. We threatened with every attack and scored.

Been the same for four seasons. FF in a front two - hopeless. FF wide or in a front 3 free-scoring.

But FF hasn’t had a player like Harris in the team with him before at SWFC, I think that could give the space FF can shine in as Harris pulls players all over with his pace and direct style

FF is a quality player

Just now, Holmowl said:

I know. But in a recent press conference Bullen said he wants his wingers going down the line. Plus, we saw the benefit of left-footed players on the left late on at Deepdale. Had Harris revived that pass from Fox rather than Reach we don’t score. If Reach had been on the right when he received the pass we don’t score.

Prior to S6 Reach was 100% Left.

Prior to S6 Harris was 100% Right.

I didn't hear his press conference, obviously it makes sense to play to wingers strengths, but Bullen has usually started Harris on the left, we'll see in a bit, if SAG let us in the ground that is.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

But FF hasn’t had a player like Harris in the team with him before at SWFC, I think that could give the space FF can shine in as Harris pulls players all over with his pace and direct style

FF is a quality player

High quality I agree. But he’s not a CF nor a No 10.

If he does play a two up front with FF this aft, just watch what position he actually plays. Within 15 minutes he will be picking up the ball where Harris usually picks it up. This nullifies Harris and still leaves Fletcher as a lone-striker.

Twas ever thus.

But 100% I agree. Superb player, but only wide.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I didn't hear his press conference, obviously it makes sense to play to wingers strengths, but Bullen has usually started Harris on the left, we'll see in a bit, if SAG let us in the ground that is.

SAG have instructed Harris to slow down to avoid sparks setting fire to the grass/plastic/nylon.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

SAG have instructed Harris to slow down to avoid sparks setting fire to the grass/plastic/nylon.

I remember when we had JJ, SAG wisely insisted that all gates were closed because they were concerned JJ would run out into the road

SAG and Wisely, probably the only time you'll see those two words in the same sentence.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Generally I agree that people can play their way I to the team.

But  Fletcher has been in the best form of all the strikers. 

And quite likely to be our main penalty taker if we ever get awarded one

59 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

You've got to play Fletcher and Nuhiu for me. You would expect that to mean 442 rather than 352, but I'd be happy with either.

The two wide players should (in my opinion) be prepared to switch wings occasionally to test both full backs...as a full back if you know that your wingers going to try and go down the line it makes defending that little bit easier. If the wingers switch you’re never sure if they might cut inside or not...mind you no professional should be one footed ...I don’t know how Reach, Bannan etc sleep at night knowing one foot is just for standing on!