Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

52 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A shudder inducing phrase when talking about one of the tightest divisions in world football!

Especially when it involves Wednesday!

No Owl should tempt fate under any circumstances whatsoever. Always comes back to bite us on the arris!

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

QPR so my thoughts are of the Springett bros and Rons daughter Sussie who worked me a free pass for the time our family lived and worked in London W10.

Must say  that Loftus Rd competed well with Kensal Rise graveyard for atmosphere but the R's fans though quiet are a decent bunch. Always held our own reasonably well against the R's other than that night in the early 60's League cup encounter when they destroyed us by 8-2.

Come on Wednesday. UTO & DTB WAWAW !

Your memories going Nev!

That 8-2 was the 73-74 season and we even had the temerity to take the lead!

Conceded 8 twice that season, other one was against Boro!

Man management over coaching and tactics. Cloughie won two European Cups, and apparently his first final team talk, delivered half cut, was 'this is the ball, pass it to someone in a red shirt'.

Can't imagine Pep keeping it that simple! Come on Bully, inspire our boys to victory!

Another marvellous OMDT Snoots.

giphy.gif

Speaking of nostalgia QPR reminds me of Carlton Palmer's unlikely hat trick against them in the early 90s. After rewatching the goals on YouTube it got me thinking of who could possibly be an unlikely cult hero goal scorer/hat trick man this season?

a34647bb132b0181c99541e3e094bb6c.gif

I'd love to see Borner or Luongo get their first goals or Bazza or Lee to get back on the scoresheet.

These days, I'd take any kind of victory and even scrappy goals, as long as we get the points but it would be nice to see some of the pressing and attacking football that we saw at times in our opening two victories of the season. It would be a great way to head into the international break.

• Like 4

Our form this season

Home WW

Away WLLW

Get a grip guys.

Hillsborough should be buzzing with anticipation and optimism today. Instead, I really worry what will happen if we go a goal down. Will you boo? Will you get on the backs of the usual suspects? Hope not. It’s madness.

We could be in dreamland tonight, with a fabulous 12 points from 18. 

I’m hoping we see this side, with players playing on their preferred foot. We saw what a left-footed LB and a left-footed LW can bring late on last week. Reach is at his best on the left. Harris has been a RW all career. I’d also like to see the more attacking Luongo come in for the defensive Hutchinson.

Westwood

Palmer Lees Börner Fox

Harris Lees Luongo Bannan Reach

Fletcher

There’s 3 holmowls today as my daughter is for once attending with my son and I. I’m hoping she sees a win. I’m hoping she hears a buoyant and positive Hillsborough cheering as their team go into a play-off position. I’m hoping she sees some exciting football.

Predicting 3-1. Fletcher, Reach and surely Börner deserves one. He’s looking very hungry for a set-piece goal. Great signing.

Lets all enjoy what could be a terrific afternoon.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our form this season

Home WW

Away WLLW

Get a grip guys.

Hillsborough should be buzzing with anticipation and optimism today. Instead, I really worry what will happen if we go a goal down. Will you boo? Will you get on the backs of the usual suspects? Hope not. It’s madness.

I’m hoping we see this side, with players playing on their preferred foot. We saw what a left-footed LB and a left-footed LW can bring late on last week. Reach is at his best on the left. Harris has been a RW all career. I’d also like to see the more attacking Luongo come in for the defensive Hutchinson.

Westwood

Palmer Lees Börner Fox

Fletcher

There’s 3 holmowls today as my daughter is for once attending with my son and I. I’m hoping she sees a win. I’m hoping she hears a buoyant and positive Hillsborough cheering as their team go into a play-off position. I’m hoping she sees some exciting football.

Predicting 3-1. Fletcher, Reach and surely Börner deserves one. He’s looking very hungry for a set-piece goal. Great signing.

Totally agree Reach starts on the left for me today

2-1 wednesday

UTO WAWAW.

Good post Snoots. Got me thinking but then again it's too early to be thinking really so I gave up.

I don't know what our recent record against these is but I don't seem to recall us winning many recently. Not that that means anything. 

Let's get behind the boys for a nice little 3 points to go into the boring international break on a high and not have a poor result festering on some people's minds while there's no league games to think about.

Up the Owls.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just spotted a "With" instead of "without" now.

It's fair to say I've had an absolute stinker here! 

Let's hope the lads can put in a less leggy and error strewn performance at 3pm!

If you had a proper manager.....

Happy with a win no matter what the performance.

• Like 1

Reflective and philosophical OMDT, Snoots - just the thing we need at this time of year, this season. It never feels as though it's really started until September/October when the miserable weather sets in - and there's no time for reflection then, when you're jamming your hands in your pockets 'cause you're hoping for some gloves for Christmas and you're too skinflint to buy your own to replace the ones you left at work and that none of the thieving b@stards will admit they've seen! 

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

With all the bad association with Leppings Lane we should change the name of the road when we eventually replace the stand.

Bell_End_72dpi_large.jpg?v=1378979380

There appear to be a staggering number of the above in England...so it’s no surprise there are a few on here. Visited the wife’s father last week in Stourbridge, only to find a Bell End on the road between the M5 and Hagley...needless to say will try and avoid it next time! Very melancholy OMDT this morning Snoots, however very true...never satisfied as a fan base, never have been never will be. I’m expecting a 3-0 drubbing of these southern, West London, close to the old BBC building fannies today. Luongo to score against his old mates, Fletcher and Kadeeeeem with the others.

Come on you Blue and White Wizaaards! Let’s smash this lot in their soft underbelly! UTO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our form this season

Home WW

Away WLLW

Get a grip guys.

Westwood

Palmer Lees Börner Fox

Fletcher

This valley will be empty today.....3 of us including my daughter also going

• Haha 1

Sun is shining down here and overcome with a strange sense of optimism from nowhere,  therefore for no good reason other than it's the first thing that popped into my head, predicting a nice 3-0 win for Wednesday.

Not getting into the player selection, tactics or manager details, trying not to overthink my rationale (because there isn't one),  just looking forward to 3pm with fingers crossed we turn up and put in a performance.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Qpr predicted line up

Lumley; Rangel, Hall, Barbet, Manning; Scowen, Ball; Eze, Chair, Pugh; Wells

Wallace (Injured)

Amos (Injured), Cameron (Injured)

imageproxy_(2).gif.6edb67a0393a2052c8e5bd224f9851a0.gif

Eze Chair?

Chesterfield upright

"Lounge-go has to play?

I tell thi lads it's a sign 

tumblr_mlp72jf4Ev1rvcvbio1_500.2e16d0ba.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

His honesty , which is quite refreshing and would usually hit the target with a no-nonsense Northern fanbase who don't have much time for listening to flannel, still doesn't seem to be able (same as the winning results) to be able to lift the melancholy mood online and in the stands.

Good OMDT as ever. This paragraph, for me, is really telling. Makes me think, in this day and age the Northern public has gradually been worn down by the flannel we have been fed over the years and no longer are we such a "no-nonsense" culture.

• Thanks 1