Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

5 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Speaking of nostalgia QPR reminds me of Carlton Palmer's unlikely hat trick against them in the early 90s.

I'll always remember the 7-1 (should've been eight, Chapman's effort clearly crossed the line) home win back in '87

It was the only time I bought the VHS video afterwards - with the commentary that sounded like a 90 minute advert for Tetley tea bags

• Haha 3

Great post Snoots, certainly has me roused, it is always easier in the morning though innit. 

I'd like to see Luongo start, I just can't decide who instead of. Like you say, think he'd be well up for it against his formers. Think I'd go for Lee, but genuinely not sure if that's the right choice. 

I'm torn on whether Dawson or Westwood starts too. Clean sheet for Dawson on Wednesday and made some great saves from what I gather, and I think rewarding good performances sends a good message. 

Think I'd drop Moses and start Iorfa - last game was a shocker and don't want the crowd on his back just before the international break for him to stew on. 

And then up top Fletcher keeps his place for me, but I'd give Nuhiu 30 mins at the end. Deserves it after 2 good performances. 

So, I'd like to see:-

Dawson; Fox, Borner, Lees, Iorfa; Hutchinson, Luongo, Bannan; Reach, Fletcher, Harris. 

Bench: Westwood, Odubajo/Palmer if fit, Thorniley, Lee, Murphy, Forestieri, Nuhiu. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just spotted a "With" instead of "without" now.

It's fair to say I've had an absolute stinker here! 

Let's hope the lads can put in a less leggy and error strewn performance at 3pm!

I think spelling errors (or from a phone, autocorrect changes) make some of these posts more realistic; by that I mean the writer is more bothered about the content rather than how it looks to others. Or, they're just illiterate dump so and so's, you decide which  lol

• Haha 1

Thanks for that, love my Saturday mornings with coffee and a good OMDT - despite the odd typos - it's become my traditional morning routine, one which will make my kids play quietly as I'm sat in my best chair pondering how Wednesday will fare today. All set for the day now, it will be glorious!!

Come on Wednesday, let's stick it to the R'rrrrrsssssss!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I really, really need to stop doing these so late and to get myself a spellchecker! I read through after I've finished typing and see no grammar, spelling or other issues.

Soon as i click submit all the errors start flashing before my eyes. 

I mean. "Too" instead of "to" FFS. More than once aswell!

Arghhhh!

You're describing my work emails.

• Haha 1

Glorious Morning in S6.

Where is the cheapest pint now in Hillsborough corner? 

Bar the Rawson takes 20minutes to get served last time.

Kind regards 

Come on Wednesday 

Edited by OxOwl

Quality omdt today again. After all the SAG Aloonacy. Bring on Everton, thanks to the warrior. He'll be benched today but won't sulk.

Returns for our chosen first XI today. No serious knocks to report of. Bet the players all feel fine & were home & in bed for half ten on Wednesday. :biggrin: 

Funny old game this one. Hoops v Stripes. I think we'll win 2-1. Top 6 again for the int. break.

Steady start. Isn't it, wasn't it? 

UTO

• Like 1

If we're going to rename the West end, there's an excellent name in Hoyland , runs towards Wentworth -BURYING LANE.

Got to agree with your comments about attitude, Snoots. We should be rejoicing. help us to attract better candidates for Manager, as well.

Noticed something peculiar in Wed's video.There seemed to be an inordinate number of crosses coming from both sides, something which our forwards are going to have to learn how to deal with.

UTO.. 

8 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Going by Owlstalk if Bullen was made manager 70% of here would either sh*t themselves in anger, or throw their toys out of the pram, presuming anyone on here could lift a 2lb toy to throw it.

I don't remember all this angst when Gray was caretaker for a period before he got appointed. Maybe my memory is at fault but it seems now that there was a lot of support for him getting the job full time.

My reservation is that the whole club needs overhauling which Bruce seemed to be getting on with. I don't think Bullen has the clout to be able to force that through. Damn Bruce, it could have been so good.

I think its been a though twenty years or so for a Wednesday fan. Even when things are going well we're all looking round the corner too see how this can all turn into a rat's nest of poo . People have to try to stop thinking like that. Suspend your disbelief, for ninety minutes at least.

We're not going to win every game this season, and I don't see any other viable options on the table for Manager with FFP and our current squad of players taken into consideration. Other than HIM, but that's clearly not required at this moment in time...

garymegson

But that's the strange thing about Bullen. He's ginger and winning and yet he's also got the same negativity surrounding him somehow, which is completely unjust based on what we've achieved in the last twenty years, and even more so after the last three seasons. 

You might also consider online there is always the fifth column. There will always be naysayers, always be those which watch on close by with scorn and derision.

Lump on Tammy Abraham to score today btw

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

LEE BULLENS BARMY ARMY

LEE BULLENS BARMY ARMY

LEE BULLENS BARMY ARMY

:image: