Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

17 minutes ago, Rogers said:

This was the team when we beat them in 2000. Score 5-2

Des Walker must have been humming “clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!”

No wonder we went down..

CEC06E0A-6B51-4302-B5D0-5F1ED2C83571.jpeg

Ah Ian Hendon‘s free kick v the blunts... never have I celebrated a deflected shot rolling over the line    So much!! 

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'll always remember the 7-1 (should've been eight, Chapman's effort clearly crossed the line) home win back in '87

It was the only time I bought the VHS video afterwards - with the commentary that sounded like a 90 minute advert for Tetley tea bags

And thanks to the wonder of the interweb

• Thanks 2

This is how I think we will line up

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Fox

Harris Lee Hutchinson Bannan Reach

Fletcher

I keep reading that we play 4-3-3, and we do when we go forward, but in the two home games I've seen, we spend more of the game with 5 in the middle and Fletcher on his own up top 

I can't understand why Forestieri played such a small park at Toytown, I've seen it suggested he will start today, but I can't see it.

I think Loungo deserves to start, but I can't see who Bullen leaves out for him, unless he leaves out Lee

I don't think Murphy has done enough to stay in the team, no doubting the boy has talent, but his application leaves a bit to be desired

I don't see Odubajo getting a shirt after his car crash of a performance against Preston

Bench = Dawson, Palmer, Bates, Loungo, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Murphy

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Changed it for you as most of the time it looks like that if Hutch and Bannan play together.

Need to slowly move away from Lee, Bannan and Hutch in the middle. Not enough engine in there to move us up the pitch. Luongo is a good player who brings way more dynamism to the midfield than any of those 3. 2nd oldest squad in the league and most of them are still first teamers. 

9 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This is how I think we will line up

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hutchinson Bannan Borner Fox

Lee

Harris Fletcher Reach

I keep reading that we play 4-3-3, and we do when we go forward, but in the two home games I've seen, we spend more of the game with 5 in the middle and Fletcher on his own up top 

I can't understand why Forestieri played such a small park at Toytown, I've seen it suggested he will start today, but I can't see it.

I think Loungo deserves to start, but I can't see who Bullen leaves out for him, unless he leaves out Lee

I don't think Murphy has done enough to stay in the team, no doubting the boy has talent, but his application leaves a bit to be desired

I don't see Odubajo getting a shirt after his car crash of a performance against Preston

Bench = Dawson, Palmer, Bates, Loungo, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Murphy

2 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Fox

Reach Luongo Lee Harris

FF

Fletcher

Would like to see this given a go, could rip teams apart, or it could leave us too open, perfect day to try it at home against an average side

WAWAW

11 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Would like to see this given a go, could rip teams apart, or it could leave us too open, perfect day to try it at home against an average side

WAWAW

Do you have any idea how lousy our goal scoring record is with a FF-Fletcher front two?

If FF plays we need a third striker on. As an example, look how awful we were when we had FF-Fletcher on v Preston. Look how it transformed when we had FF-Nuhiu-Fletcher for the last period. We threatened with every attack and scored.

Been the same for four seasons. FF in a front two - hopeless. FF wide or in a front 3 free-scoring.

Fletch hasn't really done much wrong but Nuhiu had just put in two decent performances and deserves a start just to send the message to the others that if you perform you have a chance of making the side. If he doesn't start I can see the fringe players getting demotivated.

12 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Crap team...and you've only picked 9 players.

I’d drop Tram stop and Beer.

Firstly, Tram Stop has gone off the rails in the last few games, and secondly, Beer lost his head in the last game and is a liability.

Bring back David Thirsty for Beer, and Carlton Harmer for Tram Stop. Harmer always scores against QPHahaha. Plus, he’s more aggressive in midfield.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1