Wednesday - V Luton OMDT

4 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Dont let it get to you. Some folk on here could be in bed with 6 Playboy playmates and grumble that someone had left big light on. 

Very well put, and much more succinctly than I did !

I just find it incredulous that after all the turmoil of pre season, people are unhappy with a clean sheet at home again and another 3 points.

I appreciate many want free flowing, inventive football , but this is a brutal league, and if you have to win playing ugly football, gaining a 1-0 win, I personally will take that from now until the end of the season. Points gained are all that matter  everything else is a bonus.

4 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Haha pick your dummy up

He's not the one throwing his toys out of the pram because the team (he allegedly supports) won their third game of four. 

Edited by SiJ

Weird game. 1st half was abysmal. 2nd we improved, but we just dont seem to be creating anything. Their gk hardly made a save. 

But

We are top of the league with 9/12 point so I'm sure we'll all take that.

My observations

1. Fox gets abused but played well

2. Harris is a real outlet

3. Borner is really starting to look the part. So assured.

4. We still play way too deep. Bannan is the chief culprit here. He worked his bag off today but with Hutch and him, we sit too deep. I wouldnt play them both at home.

5. We look so much better when we have that spell of high press. It created the turnover for the goal today.

6. In relation to point 4, let's give Luongo and Lee a go, in front of Hutch OR Bannan. We need players who are willing to go beyond the striker.

But I'm happy with that. We have a lot to work on, but we're top!

WAWAW?

Edited by steelerian

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Only another 43 points needed to avoid relegation.

I don't like your optimism young man. Peterborough got relegated with 54 points a few years ago so even your suggestion of a target may not be enough.

:sad:

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

Rubbish. We’ve been gifted an amazing August re: fixtures and we blew it at Millwall. We should have 10 or 12pts. We are lucky to have 9

Millwall who are on 7 points after 3 and look to be one of the hardest teams in the division to break down under Neil Harris?

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Fox didn't dazzle on the ball but his main job was to defend his flank and I thought he did that very well. Booing him is beyond senseless.

Agree with the sentiment but there wasn't any booing in the ground, just the wannabe managers on here.

He did his job tonight and made some excellent tackles. so credit where it's due.

Let’s be honest. LB got it wrong first half and we were hanging on a bit. 

We did press higher and with greater enthusiasm which knocked them out their stride.  Goal came at the right time. 

Win is a win but we’ve not really played anyone yet.  Big games to come.  

Borner is absolute class though as is Harris.  

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I am satisfied with 3 points regardless. Would rather play rubbish and get 3 points than play like Barcelona and lose..

Which would you prefer if you had a choice.

To play well and get 3 points. When we play better teams we won’t get away with poor performances

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

Taking what? When you go back to school ask them to teach you to spell

No need for it guys, we're all in the same ship.

Aren't we ?

Poor game I know but 3 points.

On my second pint and having a shed load more with my Barnsley season ticket mates :tango: