Wednesday - V Luton OMDT

9 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

They had a player sent off in the first half

Which means they were always going to park the bus and make it hard to break them down. It may be my memory playing tricks but didn't we have a player sent off recently and still won away from home? By your logic we should have been thumped!

7 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Fox didn't dazzle on the ball but his main job was to defend his flank and I thought he did that very well. Booing him is beyond senseless.

He's been getting stick at home matches for a long time now. We all know his limitations. It's not as if there is any suggestion he's one of the highest paid players in the team. He comes in and does a job. You normally can't fault his defending or effort. Ocasionally he puts in a couple of decent crosses. No one ever claimed he was Roberto Carlos. Booing him isn't going to help anyone.

It's a squad game and no one should be frozen out, unless they are taking the p1ss. It reminds me of all the stick Dawson got last year. Dawson didn't drop Westwood, and yet there were certain fans who singled him out for abuse at Hillsborough each week. 

I personally think Fox is a left centre back, but if your asking him to come in at left back and just defend then that's fine too. If you ask him to get up and support the attack then fair play to him, but he's not going too be in his comfort zone. Palmers claimed first choice on LB, but if Bullen thinks Palmer needs resting then let's not start abusing Fox who's never really ever let us down for effort and commitment. 

5 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

If you are happy losing 1-0 to 10 man Millwall that’s up to you. 

Don't be silly; no one is happy about it. But that kind of thing is hardly unprecedented. It's only about 18 months ago (?) that Manchester City absolutely battered Wigan in every statistic apart from the one that really matters. Shizzle happens.

6 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

They had a player sent off in the first half

Agree with your sentiment in principle but not many teams will come away from the den with anything.

How many times have you heard players/managers say it's harder to play against 10 men because they all up their game.

Yes, tonight wasn't the best of performances also but it's 3 points.

Give me a poor performance every game and 3 points and I'll take it.

Not everyone was poor BTW........Harris,Borner,Luongo and Fox, so lets look at the positives to build on instead.

13 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Teams that have players sent off automatically lose, everybody knows that. Just ask Coventry.

The all time classic was in 2004 when Manchester City were 0-3 down at Tottenham after 45 minutes and also a man light then coming back to win in one of the most extraordinary comebacks of all time.