Scottish Football Returns.

lol Back on topic...

Whelan didn’t manage to make his debut off the bench but the Famous made it through a potentially tricky tie at Motherwell on Friday night and safely into the Quarter Finals of the League Cup. Levein is safe for another week, the Japanese laddie is signing imminently from Man City on a season long loan, Sean Clare missed a penalty and was pish again, and next up in the cup is a home tie against the sheep botherers and a possible semi final lineup of the Edinburgh and Glasgow teams.

Full draw:

Celtic v Partick Thistle

Killie v H1b5

Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

Livingston v Rangers

Astonishingly both the Ugly Sisters again managed to get drawn against the weakest teams left in the draw (well done the SPFL) but according to Tom Boyd Celtic’s official club ambassador, and according to Celtic themselves who have backed his statement up, Celtic don’t get enough decisions and John Beaton and the referees are anti-Celtic and cheats.

Imagine giving decisions against Celtic? The audacity!

Next up for Celtic is Hearts and I can already see it now. Celtic will no doubt now get awarded any borderline decisions in the next fixture as the authorities poo themselves at having the cheek to make calls against them. Funnily enough Boyd has never once mentioned their dive where they got their way back into the Scottish Cup final last season.

I’m not surprised by his outburst (Boyd is generally and widely thought of as a massive ringpiece by many in Scottish football) but Celtic backing him IMO shows a lack of perspective, class, awareness and reality. They should have distanced themselves from his comments.

Very disappointing IMO from a club that receive a number of decisions, that have won every trophy going for the last 3 seasons, and that are going for 9 titles in a row. Perhaps a bit of pressure showing?

Do you agree John, or do you back Tom and the club?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

I agree it was a stonewall penalty and the ref Beaton is a Rangers fan, but it’s not on to stand up for your club in such circumstances and Boyd should be hanged tomorrow morning at dawn for his hard hitting spot on comments EO.

Beaton is a Rangers fan, it was a penalty, I can’t stand him either, but to say that a number of the refs are out to get you is silly. And did you know that Beaton has actually awarded more penalties to Celtic than any other club in the SPFL?

You've got Brother Collum officiating at the weekend anyway John. No doubt he’ll tip the balance back in your favour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Beaton is a Rangers fan, it was a penalty, I can’t stand him either, but to say that a number of the refs are out to get you is silly. And did you know that Beaton has actually awarded more penalties to Celtic than any other club in the SPFL?

You've got Brother Collum officiating at the weekend anyway John. No doubt he’ll tip the balance back in your favour.

I hope so mate. 

Yeah the picture for their WhatsApp group says it all.

These screengrabs from absolute nothing WhatsApp groups are getting way too much attention generally. In Irish ones itll be some boy spouting rubbish about apparently his mate's cousin saw Conor McGregor out in Dublin last week and all of a sudden people take it as gospel. There was one going on about the all Ireland football semi final the other day and water bottles being spiked...turned out the guy in the photo drinking from it went on to dominate the game second half so it was all rubbish.