Scottish Football Returns.

2 hours ago, markowl said:

Are you saying that the Scottish Premier League teams, except Celtic and Rangers are a higher standard than the Championship?

WTF:lol

Where did i say it’s a higher standard. I merely pointed out that you said you don’t watch Scottish football yet you watch a fair bit of drivel hoof football in the Championship. There isn’t a single club in that league that would live with Celtic. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and maybe one other are really decent to watch when on form. You mock the game North of the border yet you claim not to watch it? I rest my case m’lud.

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

Where did i say it’s a higher standard. I merely pointed out that you said you don’t watch Scottish football yet you watch a fair bit of drivel hoof football in the Championship. There isn’t a single club in that league that would live with Celtic. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and maybe one other are really decent to watch when on form. You mock the game North of the border yet you claim not to watch it? I rest my case m’lud.

The Championship is arguably the most competitive league in the world.

The Scottish Premiership is a two horse race year in year out.

15 minutes ago, markowl said:

The Championship is arguably the most competitive league in the world.

The Scottish Premiership is a two horse race year in year out.

Lol. What you have is a brutal bruisers battlefront trying desperately to reach the holy grail. Football generally goes out the window and very little if any skill is on show. The blunts did that last season and will most definitely be relegated. Burnley are the only team i know in the premiership that have adapted championship football and made a success out of it but are truly awful to watch.  

2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Hearts for whom Sean Clare is a regular, Hibs who by the accounts of many Scottish pundits have bought a load of dross and Aberdeen who not so long ago sold the top scorer in the SPL to an English non-league team?

What else am I missing?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

The Championship is a better division than the SPL. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is on crack. 

Who said it’s a better division? I merely pointed out that the guy slagging off Scottish football has never watched it. I’m putting up a case for the SPL that it’s no worse than some of the Championship games. Before that person smokes his crack, i think he should read the posts first before lighting up.

8 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

The point!

Is there a point to Scottish football? :image:

6 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

They offered more money for Adam Rooney. At his stage of his career it’s a no brainer.

Fair enough but if he was that good he would since have had better offers to move up the leagues in England. The SPL is full of players who haven't our wouldn't cut it in the Championship.