Scottish Football Returns.

12 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

It has been a great season for Midlothian football. Bonnyrigg promoted, Edinburgh City promoted, Hearts in Europe and 90 minutes away from another trophy, Hibs surviving relegation lol

It’s class to see them come up in seriousness though because they’re a great wee club the Rosey Posey. I can see a few more teams dropping out the league soon too to be replaced by clubs like Bonnyrigg. Cowdenbeath, Brechin, East Stirling, Berwick have all gone recently and all have been comprehensively beaten in the playoffs. Quite a few of the junior teams have bigger fanbases and better setups than a number of the old school league teams. It’s good to see.

Scottish football is in a good place from the bottom up despite the pathetic job the authorities do. Small clubs are improving, there’s genuine progression opportunities outside the old league structure, lots of very good young players coming through, there’s 3 teams in group stage European football next season, the national team are a playoff campaign away from another major tournament. Good times 👍

Are Rangers guaranteed group stage football then? I know Celtic are and Hearts will even if they lose the europa league play off. 

18 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Are Rangers guaranteed group stage football then? I know Celtic are and Hearts will even if they lose the europa league play off. 

Not 100% but if they win the final then I think they get Champions League. Otherwise it’s Europa League group stage