Scottish Football Returns.

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

That’s because you are blind.

Celtic got a good draw away at a decent side.

Rangers won at home. 

I get that, arguably, Celtic’s task was harder. 

But a draw can never be, by definition, a better result than a win.

Like Derby’s draw at Leeds was against a stronger team than Forest beat (Barnsley). 

Forest’s was still the better result.

7 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Rennes were sitting second in the French league two points behind PSG before the Celtic game so i think our result especially away from home is better.

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Celtic got a good draw away at a decent side.

Rangers won at home. 

I get that, arguably, Celtic’s task was harder. 

But a draw can never be, by definition, a better result than a win.

Like Derby’s draw at Leeds was against a stronger team than Forest beat (Barnsley). 

Forest’s was still the better result.

Exactly. It was a good point for Celtic but will only be so if backed up with a home win when the fixtures are reversed. Rangers have 3 points on the board against the side the expect to be competing against for 2nd place. Celtic have harder games to come against Lazio and Cluj, who have already knocked them out of 1 European competition this season.

15 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Great result for Hearts and CL today, he and the fans really needed that. Decent second half from Hearts.

A massive result and hopefully the corner is now turned. When we have Haring, Naismith and Souttar back we will be stronger too. We absolutely have to go on a run of wins now and hopefully we will make the semi finals too and beat Aberdeen on Wednesday night in the League Cup. Next league game is in Paisley and realistically we should be looking to win that. Fingers crossed it’s not a one-off!

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Big Big result for Hearts. Maybe a corner turned?

Sad to see Paul Heckingbottom struggling so badly at Hibs. 

Hearts squad on paper is decent and has underperformed it is the manager that was/is the problem. I think their squad however is genuinely bottom 6 fodder and maybe even potential relegation battlers. Their manager has signed a load of players from Leagues 1 and 2 and you can tell. Pretty much all duds, nowhere near good enough, and many on long term deals. I’d be worried if I was a Hibs fan.

Paul Secondbottom must stay lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

A massive result and hopefully the corner is now turned. When we have Haring, Naismith and Souttar back we will be stronger too. We absolutely have to go on a run of wins now and hopefully we will make the semi finals too and beat Aberdeen on Wednesday night in the League Cup. Next league game is in Paisley and realistically we should be looking to win that. Fingers crossed it’s not a one-off!

Hearts squad on paper is decent and has underperformed it is the manager that was/is the problem. I think their squad however is genuinely bottom 6 fodder and maybe even potential relegation battlers. Their manager has signed a load of players from Leagues 1 and 2 and you can tell. Pretty much all duds, nowhere near good enough, and many on long term deals. I’d be worried if I was a Hibs fan.

Paul Secondbottom must stay lol

Paul secondbottom, dear oh dear is that what it has come to? Kris Boyd agreed with you in that Hibs seem to have signed a lot of average at best players but you were below this average team 1 game ago and still would be were in not for a deflected winning goal.

State of Edinburgh football, like two bald men arguing over a comb. :image:

On 23/09/2019 at 16:12, hirstyboywonder said:

Paul secondbottom, dear oh dear is that what it has come to? Kris Boyd agreed with you in that Hibs seem to have signed a lot of average at best players but you were below this average team 1 game ago and still would be were in not for a deflected winning goal.

State of Edinburgh football, like two bald men arguing over a comb. :image:

Edinburgh v Glasgow semi finals in the league cup. Both capital clubs through on penalties tonight. 

Rangers v Hearts

Celtic v Hibs 

Another trip to Hampden!

7 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Edinburgh v Glasgow semi finals in the league cup. Both capital clubs through on penalties tonight. 

Rangers v Hearts

Celtic v Hibs 

Another trip to Hampden!

You get to play at the national stadium in the League Cup semi-finals? Congratulations! 

11 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Makes it sweeter for Celtic to thump Rangers in the final and put them back in their box.

There’s 90 minutes of football to happen yet! I’m kind of hoping it will be Hearts in the final again.

Edited by edinburghowl

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

Yeah true enough mate. Celtic v HOM in the final would do me.

Plucky point for your guys against Hibs.

No doubt if Rangers win this weekend yours will be the better result.. 

Edited by markowl