Scottish Football Returns.

12 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

With the turnover Celtic have at the moment and if they were ever fortunate to get into the premier league with the cash that comes with it, you are talking astronomical finances.

It would be. Game changing for both clubs.

If Bolton and Bury go bust I'd offer both their spots for the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Of what? Fully aware both Rangers and Celtic are bigger than Wednesday. So are Porto and Ajax. They are not going to be part of our league either.

I honestly think Wednesday are a massive club. If Wednesday get promoted you will sell out Hillsborough every home league game. 

7 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

I honestly think Wednesday are a massive club. If Wednesday get promoted you will sell out Hillsborough every home league game. 

"You" will sell out...

No one wants "you" in the EPL.

22 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Only you and the BBC seem to hold that view.

Nope.

19 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What about in week when you want to see the league table quickly and you gotta sit through where alloa and Elgin are. Why don't they cover northern counties league etc if they are gonna show that

The footballing giants of Stevenage and Salford on the TV now. Great...

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Nope.

The footballing giants of Stevenage and Salford on the TV now. Great...

I would rather watch that than most premiership games.

The thought of watching Chelsea v man city is mind numbing.

Someone asked me the other day who I thought would win the premiership......I honestly don't care.

There is only one SPL game worth watching and that is the one between the two ugly old firm sisters. 

Quite entertaining to see them kick seven shades of sh*t out of each other over the course of 90 minutes. 

On the other hand, Motherwell v Aberdeen on a Tuesday night, isn't going to cut it. 

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I would rather watch that than most premiership games.

The thought of watching Chelsea v man city is mind numbing.

Someone asked me the other day who I thought would win the premiership......I honestly don't care.

Likewise. I’ve barely watched any of the self proclaimed ‘best league in the world’ in years. We can 100% agree on that.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There is only one SPL game worth watching and that is the one between the two ugly old firm sisters. 

Quite entertaining to see them kick seven shades of sh*t out of each other over the course of 90 minutes. 

On the other hand, Motherwell v Aberdeen on a Tuesday night, isn't going to cut it. 

Personally I would much rather watch Aberdeen v Motherwell over Stevenage v Salford, Man City v Chelsea, or Luton v Middlesbrough which was on last night.  

Last night the English Championship served up missed penalties, dreadful goalkeeping, and a failed SPL striker as ‘man of the match’. You have no reason to watch Scottish football, that’s fine, but your one game worth watching comment is silly. The top 5 or so clubs in the SPFL are a similar standard to what you watch at Hillsborough.

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2019 at 16:36, John O'Brien said:

Well another season is upon us and i know the majority on here are secret lovers of the game North of the border. For me this is the season  that sees Stevie G sacked or his club go into administration with Mike Ashley tightening the noose around Rangers finances and with Hummel on the verge of suing Rangers over their kit deal. Anyway, I predict that Celtic will head fk with the league up until Christmas then pull away laughing towards 9 titles in a row.

Celtic

Aberdeen

Rangers (if still in business)

Hibernian

Hearts

Motherwell.

This is how i see the top 6 finishing at the seasons end.

Scottish Football.

The classic example of an oxymoron.

Rangers and Celtic should have been allowed into the EFL ladder years ago but IMO the real reason they won’t be allowed is because, long term, they would be seen as a threat to the precious Liverpool’s and Man Uniteds of this world. Just like FFP or P&S, they are terrified of another Man City situation where someone comes and ‘buys the league’ at the expense of one of the media darlings. More teams capable of challenging for the 4 champions league places.

And when people say that the Scottish Leagues would thrive without the Glasgow 2, maybe so, but what would happen if a team like Hearts dominated the league for 5 or 6 years? Would there then be a case for them to come knocking on the door?