Scottish Football Returns.

24 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Rangers and Celtic should have been allowed into the EFL ladder years ago but IMO the real reason they won’t be allowed is because, long term, they would be seen as a threat to the precious Liverpool’s and Man Uniteds of this world. Just like FFP or P&S, they are terrified of another Man City situation where someone comes and ‘buys the league’ at the expense of one of the media darlings. More teams capable of challenging for the 4 champions league places.

And when people say that the Scottish Leagues would thrive without the Glasgow 2, maybe so, but what would happen if a team like Hearts dominated the league for 5 or 6 years? Would there then be a case for them to come knocking on the door? 

Has it not crossed your mind that teams might take issue with two teams getting dropped into the top flight.

Kind of undermines the whole league system, dont you think? 

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Has it not crossed your mind that teams might take issue with two teams getting dropped into the top flight.

Who said anything about being dropped straight into the top flight?

Thats why I said the EFL ladder and said long term they would be a threat.

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Who said anything about being dropped straight into the top flight?

Thats why I said the EFL ladder and said long term they would be a threat.

Why should they bypass teams outside the EFL? 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why should they bypass teams outside the EFL? 

Not saying I’m for or against the idea but let’s face it, we have teams in the league that have recently been unable to fulfil their own fixtures. Why should they continue to take the place of other teams who would be able to compete and be sustainable? 

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Not saying I’m for or against the idea but let’s face it, we have teams in the league that have recently been unable to fulfil their own fixtures. Why should they continue to take the place of other teams who would be able to compete and be sustainable? 

That's two completely different issues. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Letting Rangers and Celtic in would be ridiculous, then again we already have 3 Welsh clubs in the EFL and if Wrexham come up this season that's 4.

And you had an English team playing in the Scottish League last season, Berwick Rangers. Sadly they got relegated from Division 2.

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

Like Rangers?

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 18:18, SiJ said:

The top 5 clubs in the SPFL are a similar to the Championship....ahahahahaha

I'll give you Celtic and Rangers. 

As for the rest :duntmatter:

On paper Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibernian are probably Championship standard albeit relegation fodder if they were in this division. 

On 04/08/2019 at 13:19, SiJ said:

The teams won't care when they realise there is money to be made from them.

Which is the only reason why Scottish football still has 3 and in most cases 4 matches against each team a season, only time any team sells out is when Celtic or Rangers visit and no team wants to give up on 4 massive money making matches.

When Bolton and Bury are kicked out the league, making it run at just 22 for this season, I'd offer them both their spots next season to make it back up 24.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The teams won't care when they realise there is money to be made from them.

Which is the only reason why Scottish football still has 3 and in most cases 4 matches against each team a season, only time any team sells out is when Celtic or Rangers visit and no team wants to give up on 4 massive money making matches.

When Bolton and Bury are kicked out the league, making it run at just 22 for this season, I'd offer them both their spots next season to make it back up 24.

They'd have to start at the bottom and work their way up. The efl proposed reducing the leagues to 20 teams and adding an extra tier. If Celtic and Rangers were up for it I'm sure they would be two of the additional clubs invited to join the league. 

12 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

On paper Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibernian are probably Championship standard albeit relegation fodder if they were in this division. 

Barnsley beat ex Premier League Fulham at the weekend. I think we would be towards the bottom of the table in the Championship with our current squad but I’d fancy Hearts to beat Barnsley and finish above them in a league. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The 4 games in a season is down to the TV companies demanding 4 Old Firm games per season and the authorities pandering to the them and the two Glasgow teams. Some clubs want league reconstruction and most fan bases prefer and want a 16 or 18 team league setup.

As for sell outs only happening against Rangers and Celtic. Hearts had a period for nearly 18 months solid recently where we sold out the home allocation for every single league fixture. Edinburgh derbies are also always a sell out at Hibs ground. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Rangers complaining about the section for disabled fans lol 

Yes, shocking that Killy didnt build an enclosure with a roof strong enough for their own fans to jump on.

Cheeky flaps. 

58 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

It was the same when they trampled over their own disabled fans at the final whistle when they lost at Celtic Park. They blamed Scott Brown. It’s never their fault.

Found it embarrassing, especially when released as an official statement.