Scottish Football Returns.

2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Dont think Burnley to Palace is much of a step up. Apart from Palace having Zaha (whether he stays)

It's not a step up at all. 

Dyche would be better waiting for a job like Newcastle or Villa if he's ready to move on, but both sets of fans there demand a certain type of player and manager and turn quickly 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Bumping this thread for a big weekend of derby Scottish Cup Semi finals.

Hearts currently beating Hibs 2-1

@edinburghowl you at Hampden? 

I was indeed. Not a great performance and they smashed through a number of our players (3 had to go off injured) but the result was right and we did the usual in beating Hibs. They could and should have had 2 or 3 red cards. Hopefully they’re not long term but Halkett was stretchered off and on crutches when he came to the fans at the end ☹️

Cracking goals from Ellis Simms and Stephen Kingsley. Kingsley’s is well worth a look if you haven’t seen it.

Hibs have still never beaten us at a neutral venue ever, a run that stretches all the way back to 1875. This is a nice pic of the pre-game display from the fans too 🇱🇻🏆👍

74BF6B8D-F921-42B0-B3E7-63CB4C99178C.jpeg

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Bumping this thread for a big weekend of derby Scottish Cup Semi finals.

Hearts currently beating Hibs 2-1

@edinburghowl you at Hampden? 

Be interesting to see who wins the Glasgow derby today. Rangers have been good in Europe but they could end up winning nothing again. I’d pick playing Rangers in the final of the two of them, they’d be the easier game IMO.

Both tough opponents but it’s nice to be in another final again. 3 Scottish Cup finals in the last 4 years for Hearts. Hopefully we win one this time. 

54 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Be interesting to see who wins the Glasgow derby today. Rangers have been good in Europe but they could end up winning nothing again. I’d pick playing Rangers in the final of the two of them, they’d be the easier game IMO.

Both tough opponents but it’s nice to be in another final again. 3 Scottish Cup finals in the last 4 years for Hearts. Hopefully we win one this time. 

Its a massive achievement for a small club like Hearts to reach a final.

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2022 at 11:15, Quickly Kevin said:

Its a massive achievement for a small club like Hearts to reach a final.

🤣 Shan trolling but I’ll bite.

A modern stadium with 4 modern and up to date stands, just shy of 14,000 season ticket holders, 9,000 foundation members and regular pledgers that have donated over £13m to the club in the last few years, club have a billionaire Hearts supporting benefactor, club have the best club training facilities in Scotland (often used by the national team), club have a quality academy that has produced several multi million pound players, have reached 3 cup finals in the last 4 seasons, won 3 major trophies in the last quarter of a century, historically the 3rd best in league position and clearly the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, guaranteed group stage European football next season with a minimum €5m in the bank, a good squad of players that is superior to all clubs outwith the Glasgow pair, own their local rivals and have one of the most one sided local derbies in the entire world, and fan owned so can never again be at the mercy of a mental foreign owner.

Not too bad for a “small club” lol 

On 17/04/2022 at 19:43, bradowl said:

Great win for Rangers, after playing 120 mins against Braga thursday night I didn't think they would have the legs for today.

It was a great effort by them to be fair. Deserved winners and the best team on the day!

I’ll be hoping they get to the Europa final now so they have a game just a few days before the cup final. 

2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

🤣 Shan trolling but I’ll bite.

A modern stadium with 4 modern and up to date stands, just shy of 14,000 season ticket holders, 9,000 foundation members and regular pledgers that have donated over £13m to the club in the last few years, club have a billionaire Hearts supporting benefactor, club have the best club training facilities in Scotland (often used by the national team), club have a quality academy that has produced several multi million pound players, have reached 3 cup finals in the last 4 seasons, won 3 major trophies in the last quarter of a century, historically the 3rd best in league position and clearly the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, guaranteed group stage European football next season with a minimum €5m in the bank, a good squad of players that is superior to all clubs outwith the Glasgow pair, own their local rivals and have one of the most one sided local derbies in the entire world, and fan owned so can never again be at the mercy of a mental foreign owner.

Not too bad for a “small club” lol 

Haha it was trolling pal and I hope you stiff Rangers in the final.

• Thanks 1

What a bizarre response from Celtic after Rangers fans were attacked with bottles and other missiles yesterday resulting in a number of fans getting injured. 

The response from Celtic in a statement is that they are still investigating there own fans getting attacked at Ibrox.

Unless Sky  have missed it out there's no mention of condoning there own fans action. 

Another £4m of signing on fee into Hearts coffers on top of the £5m for guaranteed group stage European football. Aaron Hickey supposedly joining Arsenal from Bologna for a €25m fee.

Another great success story for Hearts academy and facilities and shows that the investment in the club’s infrastructure off the pitch has been a sound one. 

Just need to win the cup at the weekend now too to top off a great season on and off the pitch. 

18 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Bonnyrigg Rose become the latest new club to join the Scottish league at Cowdenbeath’s expense.

Well done ‘Rosey Posey’ 

It has been a great season for Midlothian football. Bonnyrigg promoted, Edinburgh City promoted, Hearts in Europe and 90 minutes away from another trophy, Hibs surviving relegation lol

It’s class to see them come up in seriousness though because they’re a great wee club the Rosey Posey. I can see a few more teams dropping out the league soon too to be replaced by clubs like Bonnyrigg. Cowdenbeath, Brechin, East Stirling, Berwick have all gone recently and all have been comprehensively beaten in the playoffs. Quite a few of the junior teams have bigger fanbases and better setups than a number of the old school league teams. It’s good to see.

Scottish football is in a good place from the bottom up despite the pathetic job the authorities do. Small clubs are improving, there’s genuine progression opportunities outside the old league structure, lots of very good young players coming through, there’s 3 teams in group stage European football next season, the national team are a playoff campaign away from another major tournament. Good times 👍

I was hoping that the other Rose, Linlithgow would win the EOS league and give themselves a chance of promotion to the Lowland League. 

I also see that Banks O’Dee have finally got a place in the Highland League. I’d expect them to be looking to emulate their neighbours Cove Rangers now. They should have the budget to be able to win the Highland League.