Scottish Football Returns.

Robbie Neilson still not gone at Hearts although someone I know connected to the club reckons we have sounded out Derek McInness for the job for next season.

Howe to Celtic appears to be almost a done deal too. I’m really not sure about that appointment, I don’t think he has the profile, experience, or the winning mentality for that job. That’s a high pressure job and he hasn’t faced anything like that ever in his career. I’m not sure he’s the man I’d want in charge of a squad rebuild either. Interesting to see how it goes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Robbie Neilson still not gone at Hearts although someone I know connected to the club reckons we have sounded out Derek McInness for the job for next season.

Howe to Celtic appears to be almost a done deal too. I’m really not sure about that appointment, I don’t think he has the profile, experience, or the winning mentality for that job. That’s a high pressure job and he hasn’t faced anything like that ever in his career. I’m not sure he’s the man I’d want in charge of a squad rebuild either. Interesting to see how it goes.

Yeah, I share your thoughts on Howe. I feel he might end up one of those who suited a particular club and may struggle to replicate his success elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

That‘s Hearts confirmed champions now after today’s results with Dundee and Raith both failing to win. Hope we send the trophy back to Glasgow and tell them to ******** ram it. Back where we belong now 👍

I have to say the way you guys were treated was shameful

But at least the sabbatical was a fan-free season so in some ways you'll be going back to games same as it ever was

Congratulations

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Eddie Howe to Celtic saga is an interesting one. Refusing to take charge til the summer and not confirming anything. It appears like he might be playing them and waiting for a Premiership job.

I don’t know why Celtic are even considering that acceptable. He’s a bang average manager and them being held on like that for someone like him is hugely embarrassing for them. I’m surprised they haven’t told him to take a hike. 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 13:02, edinburghowl said:

That‘s Hearts confirmed champions now after today’s results with Dundee and Raith both failing to win. Hope we send the trophy back to Glasgow and tell them to ******** ram it. Back where we belong now 👍

I've been living under a rock, what's the deal with Hearts? I see their highlights posted on the SPFL youtube channel and they play their games at Tynecastle behind closed doors. 

7 hours ago, canadianowl said:

I've been living under a rock, what's the deal with Hearts? I see their highlights posted on the SPFL youtube channel and they play their games at Tynecastle behind closed doors. 

The behind closed doors thing is probably due to that bug that’s been going about this last 15 months.

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2021 at 11:19, edinburghowl said:

The Eddie Howe to Celtic saga is an interesting one. Refusing to take charge til the summer and not confirming anything. It appears like he might be playing them and waiting for a Premiership job.

I don’t know why Celtic are even considering that acceptable. He’s a bang average manager and them being held on like that for someone like him is hugely embarrassing for them. I’m surprised they haven’t told him to take a hike. 

For me him and Sean Dyche are exactly the same - get linked with top vacancies, or jobs at ' big clubs' by the media, and there is absolutely no evidence to support why they should be considered.

Both have just kept their sides in the Premier League, the only reason they are bigged up, or in Howes case , finally failed in that. 

Neither have a record of reputation of dealing with big names,  neither played the game to a decent standard so haven't got that gravitas, and the transfer record of both leaves a lot to be desired. 

I sometimes wonder if it's simply because they are English, and there hasn't been a decent English manager for a long time. 

Howe has even been mentioned as a future England manager , which is bizarre.

25 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

For me him and Sean Dyche are exactly the same - get linked with top vacancies, or jobs at ' big clubs' by the media, and there is absolutely no evidence to support why they should be considered.

Both have just kept their sides in the Premier League, the only reason they are bigged up, or in Howes case , finally failed in that. 

Neither have a record of reputation of dealing with big names,  neither played the game to a decent standard so haven't got that gravitas, and the transfer record of both leaves a lot to be desired. 

I sometimes wonder if it's simply because they are English, and there hasn't been a decent English manager for a long time. 

Think Dyche's achievements are greater than Howe's, but even then I suspect he fits a certain kind of club. 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2021 at 18:24, edinburghowl said:

Sounds like Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen are going to torpedo Celtic and Rangers plans for the Colts teams in the lower leagues. Good news for the Scottish game this as it only serves to benefit them.

You’ll be pleased to learn EO that McGurney will miss the Euro’s with a poorly metatarsal 😂👍⚽

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Sean Dyche is light years in front of Eddie Howe as a manager.

I can see him moving to a bigger club soon. I'd like to see what he could do with a decent sized club and the budget that goes with that.

39 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Sean Dyche is light years in front of Eddie Howe as a manager.

I can see him moving to a bigger club soon. I'd like to see what he could do with a decent sized club and the budget that goes with that.

I mentioned previously that he has been linked with Palace. Now it's confirmed that Hodgson is leaving, that'll be one to watch.

26 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I mentioned previously that he has been linked with Palace. Now it's confirmed that Hodgson is leaving, that'll be one to watch.

I think you're right. That is the one to watch.

If he does well at Palace, he can step up again.

• Like 1