Scottish Football Returns.

1 minute ago, Mr Mercury said:

Really ? Even as a staunch Gers fan - IMO Celtic battered them but didn’t score , then the sending off happened which changed the game.

Top 3 points 

Celtic didn't batter them. Rangers controlled the game and played for a draw. Very well worked performance.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Celtic didn't batter them. Rangers controlled the game and played for a draw. Very well worked performance.

They really didn't. Gerrard said McGregor getting man of the match was the right call and they were 2nd best throughout the first half. 2nd half was more even but it is the result that counts.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They really didn't. Gerrard said McGregor getting man of the match was the right call and they were 2nd best throughout the first half. 2nd half was more even but it is the result that counts.

I couldn't see Celtic scoring all day personally

18 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They would both comfortably beat us. I'd say they are of similar standard as Newcastle so lower mid table PL I would guess.

I think both would struggle in the Premier League, they would both be Championship title contenders but I don't think they are any better than Brighton, West Brom, Fulham. 

42 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I wouldn't say Newcastle are much better than those clubs tbh

Newcastle are lower mid-table like you said, they won't go down though. The others are genuine relegation candidates and some of them will go down.

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think both would struggle in the Premier League, they would both be Championship title contenders but I don't think they are any better than Brighton, West Brom, Fulham. 

It’s not the squads that both sides have right now, it’s their potential.

With their huge fan bases, EPL money and their pulling power they would certainly have the potential to upset the status quo in the Premier League, which is why, in my opinion, they will never be allowed in the Premier League under the existing set up. 

34 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It’s not the squads that both sides have right now, it’s their potential.

With their huge fan bases, EPL money and their pulling power they would certainly have the potential to upset the status quo in the Premier League, which is why, in my opinion, they will never be allowed in the Premier League under the existing set up. 

Yeah, the question was asked how would they fair currently but I completely agree that if they were to become Premier League sides then they would have the backing to vastly improve on what they are able to attract in the SPL and would hold their own and more given time to build. 

18 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Scott Brown yesterday - "We're still there, we're still trying," Brown said. "We still believe we're a fantastic team, but we just need to make sure we keep showing it in games."

Sent off tonight 5 minutes after coming on. :laugh:

Brilliant. 

Heard they had gone 2-1 up and didn't pick it up again after that, expected them to win. Even if they win their two remaining games in hand the gap is 14 points.

Shame.

On 03/01/2021 at 15:28, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, the question was asked how would they fair currently but I completely agree that if they were to become Premier League sides then they would have the backing to vastly improve on what they are able to attract in the SPL and would hold their own and more given time to build. 

The Scottish league would become terrible without the big 2.

15 hours ago, malek said:

Jon, happy with McEneff? Was big player for Rovers, hope he will adapt quickly and do just as well for Hearts. 

Yeah I think it’s a good signing mate. We need a box to box midfielder, he has been on the fringes of the Ireland squad and he seems to chip in with goals. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do. McEneff only cost €200k too so pretty low risk and definitely an upgrade on Olly Lee.

To be fair to Olly I think the move for him is good too, he’s scoring goals in League 1 in England, and he is closer to home and family. He’s a key player at Gillingham which he was never going to be at Hearts too so it’s good for all parties. 

Gnanduillet looks a handful too and should be a good signing. I don’t know a lot about the winger Kastaneer from Coventry but he got capped by the Dutch at U21 level so he must have something about him.

Do you know anything about him?

Watched Lee for Gillingham against Crewe and he did really well, still I believe McEneff should be an upgrade on him. 

Gnanduillet is a ok striker who will likely course problems to SPL defences with his physical style of play, certainly started brightly in his first appearance. 

Kastaneer is a player I never seen play and know next to nothing about. Wouldn't look too much in his Dutch U-21 caps as they usually give Plenty of players chance at that level, some proved to be trully awful. Fingers crossed he will proveo as a good adition.