5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Come on I’m trying to make him bite and say something utterly ridiculous.

Was expecting some grand conspiracy theory.

I was just fascinated by the juxtaposition of truth and Owlstalk :biggrin:

Remember reading some articles on here after he won player of the year. He was belittling us saying I have won trophies with AC Milan, Juventus and Celtic why would I want to hold onto a Sheffield Wednesday trophy. In my eyes he thought he was bigger and better than us. 

Now he’s retired and wants/needs a job maybe his stance has changed. But mine hasn’t. Billy big bòllocks can do one for me the tòsser.

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I will never step foot inside Hillsborough if that turd ever gets appointed.

He was a brilliant footballer, but needs to be euthanised for his political viewpoints.

Lefty Do gooder 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Probably the best player to wear the kit in my lifetime.

Sorry, but miles better than waddle.

Waddle had the far higher pedigree, internationally and in European club football. Both were very skillful and elegant players but Waddle was a cut above Di Canio for me as a player, as were the likes of Nilsson, Sheridan and Hirst too. Di Canio was among our most exciting players, along with the likes of Waddle and Curran but he never had the same top class pedigree of Waddle or Nilsson, in European or World terms.

Di Canio had bags of skill and ability but at the time he wasn't anywhere near the class of the likes of Baggio, Del Pierro or Zola, etc to threaten the Italian national squad. Whereas Waddle and Nilsson at times were among the top players of their respective nations during their career. That's why I'd say in terms of pedigree and class, it's between Waddle, Nilsson or Sheridan for the best player, we've had in modern times during my lifetime. 

• Like 5

Guest hirstysfags
21 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Waddle had the far higher pedigree, internationally and in European club football. Both were very skillful and elegant players but Waddle was a cut above Di Canio for me as a player, as were the likes of Nilsson, Sheridan and Hirst too. Di Canio was among our most exciting players, along with the likes of Waddle and Curran but he never had the same top class pedigree of Waddle or Nilsson, in European or World terms.

Di Canio had bags of skill and ability but at the time he wasn't anywhere near the class of the likes of Baggio, Del Pierro or Zola, etc to threaten the Italian national squad. Whereas Waddle and Nilsson at times were among the top players of their respective nations during their career. That's why I'd say in terms of pedigree and class, it's between Waddle, Nilsson or Sheridan for the best player, we've had in modern times during my lifetime. 

I suppose so yes. I guess I'm more talking about jumping out of your seat skill and excitement. 

On 26/07/2019 at 20:32, RevOwl said:

Lefty Do gooder 

Why do politics have to come into it?   The fact you label me says more of yourself then it does of me.

I like to think i'm a decent human being.

Not sure about people who label others with a view to putting them down.