4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Christ I thought I’d listed all the useless manager we may end up with . I’ll have to start a new threat ‘useless and bigoted managers we may get’ 

List of nazi/racist possible applicants 

Di Canio

Trump

Robinson

Mogg

Seems Di Canio is the best of a bad bunch WTF:

I love Di Canio from a retro point of view as a footballer playing for us. I will always wonder if we would have stayed in the PL if we had stuck with him after the referee push like man u did with Cantona.

As a manager he is passionate, but then i think i stop there for positives. I think he has his perfect gig being a football pundit in Italy, I don't think he should give that up.

The political views, unfortunately his views are very popular in Italy and they have a right wing government in charge. I think just like i wouldn't hire Joey Barton because he gets charged for a criminal offence every couple of years, i wouldn't hire Di Canio as i thing it's a tad dangerous giving people like that power in an organisation.

Has Carbone said anything bad? Can we just change the post to lets get Carbone instead? That would work! A team of players constantly offside and shooting from 45 yards out. Bring it on! lol

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

I love Di Canio from a retro point of view as a footballer playing for us. I will always wonder if we would have stayed in the PL if we had stuck with him after the referee push like man u did with Cantona.

As a manager he is passionate, but then i think i stop there for positives. I think he has his perfect gig being a football pundit in Italy, I don't think he should give that up.

The political views, unfortunately his views are very popular in Italy and they have a right wing government in charge. I think just like i wouldn't hire Joey Barton because he gets charged for a criminal offence every couple of years, i wouldn't hire Di Canio as i thing it's a tad dangerous giving people like that power in an organisation.

Has Carbone said anything bad? Can we just change the post to lets get Carbone instead? That would work! A team of players constantly offside and shooting from 45 yards out. Bring it on! lol

But what a debut he had. I thought we had signed the new George Best.

1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I certainly won't be coming to games if he is appointed.

He is perfectly entitled to his political beliefs, as is everyone as long as they are expressed in a legal way, but it is something I would feel obliged to take a stand against. I suspect many others would also.

Me too. On the plus side I don’t think we’d have to stay away for long.

14 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Agree with much of that. I've long thought that that if there was one decision that killed Wednesday as a powerful club in the game, it was the decision to cut Di Canio loose. The politics aside, I see nothing in his track record which suggests it would work out as an appointment. He is by no means the worst suggestion, but that says more about some of the other names mentioned than PDC

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think his excuse at the time for this is that he was just waving to his friends in the crowd.
I think his friends were called Adolf and Benito.

Maybe he is totally unaware of Nazi Germany Like Wayne Hennessey lied.....sorry told the FA when he was caught doing that.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Di Canio becoming Wednesday manager is a real possibility.
If Di Canio was a top manager with a CV as good as Pep Guardiola I bet his political views would less of an issue for a lot of fans.

No. Principles are principles.

Anyone who changes their principles based upon someone's ability needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Imagine if Ronaldo's rape allegations turned out to be be true. I'm not suggesting for one minute they are but speaking hypothetically as it is an easy example with one of the greatest players ever. If Juve sacked him as a result I can't imagine a high proportion of fans clamouring to sign him because he is so good.

27 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

No. Principles are principles.

Anyone who changes their principles based upon someone's ability needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Imagine if Ronaldo's rape allegations turned out to be be true. I'm not suggesting for one minute they are but speaking hypothetically as it is an easy example with one of the greatest players ever. If Juve sacked him as a result I can't imagine a high proportion of fans clamouring to sign him because he is so good.

Look at Ched Evans at Sheffield United. When he was found guilty not all but lot of United fans made every excuse possible for him.
If Ched Evans was a 35 year old reserve full back 99.99% of Unted fans would have vilified him.

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Look at Ched Evans at Sheffield United. When he was found guilty not all but lot of United fans made every excuse possible for him.
If Ched Evans was a 35 year old reserve full back 99.99% of Unted fans would have vilified him.

Quite possibly but I'd like to think that those who stood up for him were a vocal minority.

I certainly knew a few United fans who were outraged when there were initially looking at re-signing him (after his release but before he was later found not guilty). No idea if it was the majority though.

12 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Quite possibly but I'd like to think that those who stood up for him were a vocal minority.

I certainly knew a few United fans who were outraged when there were initially looking at re-signing him (after his release but before he was later found not guilty). No idea if it was the majority though.

I do find it odd that Ched went from being the scum of the earth to a stand up guy after his verdict got overturned.

Yes the technicalities of the criminal offence are obviously important, but from a moral point of view he's still demonstrated that he's a pretty deplorable human being, whether he committed a crime or not.

Mind you, we had our own section of fans who were quite ok with Gary Madine battering people in nightclubs when he played for us

Edited by emersonthome

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
5 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’m curious to know the truth? Could you please enlighten me

Yeah sure where would you like to start

14 hours ago, vulva said:

Exactly. I know exactly where to park at Barnsley. The whole thing needs spicing up. I need to get lost in Watford, and confused by roundabouts in Southampton. 

Swindon Town have the most confusing roundabout in the country just outside the ground.  If we get the wrong manager you could soon be getting acquainted with it.  It's hard to get lost in Watford anyway

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’d like to know what you mean by the truth. Please explain what you mean from anywhere you see fit.

Crikey. Metaphysics on Owlstalk.

To be fair, not sure you can handle the truth.

Either of you.

:ph34r: :cool: :biggrin:

Edited by Rev Owl