Club statement

So - things we still don't know:

• what was in the Steves' contracts
  • what Newcastle were told were the conditions for talking to Bruce
  • What Newcastle have offered

Things we do know:

• Wednesday are not satisfied that this has been resolved
  • Chansiri is sticking to his guns re the above.

I can see nothing in the known facts to justify the kvetching about the club's strategy on this. To get there, everybody who is being negative in this way is making significant assumptions (cherry-picking the reporting that suits their mood) that may or may not be correct.

Edited by WC1Owl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, toppOwl said:

Reported yes, doesn't mean there's a shred of truth in it, I've seem figures from £1m to £7m mentioned with zero substance.

Has it been reported anywhere that we haven't received compensation? 

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We only know that due to paper talk. This might not be the case. Remember the Newcastle pr media team are on overdrive. 

Weve said nowt and nobody knows chuff all for any certainty. 

So people are defending chansiri and basing it on the fact that all the reports are propoganda for Newcastle? (And therefore false)

That assumes all rumour sources begin with Ashley and his cohorts.

Bit of  an assumption.

Edited by Beholder
  • Haha 1

My understanding of it all is that we have accepted a payment for Bruce but we have not accepted a payment for the two stevies.

And that if what we are negotiating with Newcastle as they believed the Bruce fee included the two stevies. We believed it was just for Bruce. 

We have reported them to the premier league for their conduct in the matter. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So people are defending chansiri and basing it on the fact that all the reports are propoganda for Newcastle? 

Bit of  an assumption.

Without cold hard facts, assumption is the only option. 

We know chuff all. 

So we are basing our opinions on assumptions. Crazy I totally agree. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Is there any reason why we could not accept the amount of compensation that is required according to the contracts and still complain to the PL about Newcastle's conduct?

The compensation in a contract must relate to a "lawful" approach so surely an "unlawful" approach requires more compensation and/or some punishment for the offending club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So people are defending chansiri and basing it on the fact that all the reports are propoganda for Newcastle? (And therefore false)

Bit of  an assumption.

Is that any more, or less of an assumption than anything you post? Fact is, no one knows anything apart from Ashley and his lackeys, and DC and his.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Has it been reported anywhere that we haven't received compensation? 

I don't particularly take heed of "reports" they are usually full of "a source said", "my understanding is" etc, club statements are where its at and the latest would suggest there hasn't been a satisfactory resolution on the part of SWFC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So people are defending chansiri and basing it on the fact that all the reports are propoganda for Newcastle? 

Bit of  an assumption.

You can't believe _all_ the reporting because much of it is contradictory.

Cherry picking isn't justified - who's to say whose reporting is better of Nixon's or the Telegraph guy's, for instance?

The only logical thing is to discount it all as no more reliable than rumour, conjecture, and possibly disinformation.

Edited by WC1Owl

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I don't particularly take heed of "reports" they are usually full of "a source said", "my understanding is" etc, club statements are where its at and the latest would suggest there hasn't been a satisfactory resolution on the part of SWFC.

Then I guess people hear what they want to believe. 

Watford got their pound of flesh (£4 million) after they sacked Silva. They argued that Silva's stats nose dived after an illegal approach from Everton. A case, I would argue is significantly weaker than ours, on the face of it. Our complaint doesn't just involve a manager but a whole coaching team. Is at a crucial time in the calendar and has contributed to the destruction and disruption of our preparations. You would have to ask for double the Watford settlement for parity sake.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Professor Plum said:

Why? The injunction would just leave us both manageress until it was sorted out by the PL. You do realise the HC has more clout than the premier league don't you.

I didn't even know we were looking for a manageresslol.......yeah i did know btw, think about it...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

You can't believe _all_ the reporting because much of it is contradictory.

Cherry picking isn't justified - who's to say who's reporting is better of Nixon's or the Telegraph guy's, for instance?

The only logical thing is to discount it all as no more reliable than rumour, conjecture, and possibly disinformation.

That we have been offered a lump sum for Bruce is pretty consistent in all reports.

The amount quoted varies, but not massively.

I happen to believe the report that DC is quibbling over the compo for the assistants.

And If that's the case it feels misguided. But that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Exactly so it’s disappointing that fans are saying ‘let it go and move on’

I think it's more that fans want to see a club announcement regarding the manager's position, which is something that's more on our minds at the moment.. This all seems like a bit of a distraction.

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Watford got their pound of flesh (£4 million) after they sacked Silva. They argued that Silva's stats nose dived after an illegal approach from Everton. A case, I would argue is significantly weaker than ours, on the face of it. Our complaint doesn't just involve a manager but a whole coaching team. Is at a crucial time in the calendar and has contributed to the destruction and disruption of our preparations. You would have to ask for double the Watford settlement for parity sake.  

And when Newcastle showed interest in McClaren, Derby's form dipped IIRC, they looked certs for the play offs but missed out (I think).:Chansiri:

• Haha 1