Club statement

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Premier league will stick up for their own. Would not surprise me one bit if they find it all in Newcastles favour. 

If they have acted illegally they won't.

If it's a bit grey and cloudy you are probably right.

Hope we have a no-win no fee lawyer

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why do I get the feeling we're not going to have accepted money, and once all this is over we'll be getting significantly less than that rumoured £4m?...

Calm down Sally, I mean Student. 

• Haha 3

hope the chairman gets what he wants from it 

wouldn’t be under any illusions though, the Premier League will probably need reminding who we are 

15 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

The funny thing is that mr C in my opinion has been stubborn on so many things he shouldn’t have been and most fans said nothing, 

the one one thing he should be stubborn about, this , and now fans are clambering for him to not be.....

this is is one of the times where Integrity does need to be upheld. 

Blimey I'm agreeing with you, I need a lie down

Just now, Royal_D said:

hope the chairman gets what he wants from it 

wouldn’t be under any illusions though, the Premier League will probably need reminding who we are 

Just getting visions of the PL Chief Executive deleting repeated emails from Chansiri. 

Then a fax comes through and it's in the bin. 

Just now, Beholder said:

What a load of cr4p.

This kind of protracted nonsense is never good for clubs. 

All for the sake of a few hundred grand? Not worth it.

Just move on ffs.

Wait a minute...

How do you know it for the sake of a few hundred grand? 

Are you making stuff up again or do you have some actual knowledge? 

• Thanks 2

There is recent precedent for this - Everton had to pay Watford compensation for tapping up Marco Silva. Not entirely the same circumstances, but the principle is there.

Edited by Sova
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Last thing we want to happen is we end up with no compensation or less than we want. If for example Ashley has offered 4 million and Dc has rejected that and then the PL rule in Newcastle’s favour could we end up with less than the 4 million? 

Personally it wouldn’t surprise me if Ashley hasn’t paid a penny 

The man is a bully, and Charnley is his puppet 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Wait a minute...

How do you know it for the sake of a few hundred grand? 

Are you making stuff up again or do you have some actual knowledge? 

I will hazard  guess, that like all his posts, it is conjecture and opinion, not fact.

2 minutes ago, Sova said:

There is recent precedent for this - Everton had to pay Watford compensation for tapping up Marco Silva. Not entirely the same circumstances, but the principle is there.

That was prem on prem crime. 

This is prem on peasant crime, and no one cares about peasants. 

lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

What a load of cr4p.

This kind of protracted nonsense is never good for clubs. 

All for the sake of a few hundred grand? Not worth it.

Just move on ffs.

For all you know Ashley might not have paid a penny .... ?

You seriously believe any of them media sources that have put about 3/4 different versions of events out ?

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why do I get the feeling we're not going to have accepted money, and once all this is over we'll be getting significantly less than that rumoured £4m?...

Yeah that's my guess.

Not accepting money to avoid compromising legal action only to get significantly less at the end of it.

Meanwhile fans who are waiting on actual positive news have to read this nonsense instead just before the season starts.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sova said:

Didn't Watford sue Everton because they approached Silva and then Watford's season went to sh*te after the approach? 

So Watford sued Everton for loss of prize money or something? 

Just now, Beholder said:

Not accepting money to avoid compromising legal action only to get significantly less at the end of it.

That only happens if we take it to Court. 

If the premier league don't settle it amicably then we should request it goes to the court of arbitration for sport. Newcastle wouldn't give Benitez what he wanted, they then fancied about trying to get other managers in who all knocked them back by all accounts, start of season closing, they had to get someone in place so just left us without a manager instead of themselves. Fair play to DC for standing up to them. The true cost to Wednesday could be considerably greater than the compensation of £4mil what's being bandied about. DC's gone out on a limb to try and get things in order just to have Newcastle eff it up. Go for their throats DC. High Court injunction methinks.

• Like 3

Just now, Royal_D said:

For all you know Ashley might not have paid a penny .... ?

You seriously believe any of them media sources that have put about 3/4 different versions of events out ?

for all we know. ...yes of course....none of us know anything other than the various media rumours.

From them we are led to understand the bone of contention is the compo for two assistants...so whatever they are worth..doubt that would be millions