11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

They do with the rest of their 'journalists' tbf.

Why is it everyone sneers at newspaper stories "it must be true its in the (insert name of paper)" said sarcastically but as soon as its about football its 100% to be trusted, I must admit Nixon must be good at what he does with the amount on here he's reeled in. It reminds of those clairvoyants that tell people what they want to here and make a fortune out of it, clever but no more believable than Nixon.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Why is it everyone sneers at newspaper stories "it must be true its in the (insert name of paper)" said sarcastically but as soon as its about football its 100% to be trusted, I must admit Nixon must be good at what he does with the amount on here he's reeled in. It reminds of those clairvoyants that tell people what they want to here and make a fortune out of it, clever but no more believable than Nixon.

See the source image

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Samurai Blue said:

No worries. I actually asked Nixon where he thought The Wednesday would finish this coming season.

He said, "Between 10th and 11th".

Probably about right if we don't turn around this mess of a summer. Expectations were so high two weeks ago 

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nixon this morning...

Just checked. Newcastle thought new offer was acceptable. However. It’s not been accepted by Sheff Wed. They still have the 4m from last week. Now with lawyers over any extras ...

And round and round we go lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nixon this morning...

Just checked. Newcastle thought new offer was acceptable. However. It’s not been accepted by Sheff Wed. They still have the 4m from last week. Now with lawyers over any extras ...

Hi Tricky Trev, just for the sake of clarity, What was the new Offer ?

On 21/07/2019 at 08:57, Great Big Galaa said:

If he does put a name forward in the paper today expect this name to be a strong favourite in the betting markets come the end of the day. He has his critics on here but he's the one journalist who sticks his neck out and calls it right a very high percentage of the time when it comes to stories involving us.

I was thinking the opposite in recent times. Not about the neck, just about being right. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not really given that It’s yet another source claiming that Nixon is incorrect. He will repeat himself until the cows come home whether he’s right or not.

There's so many sources all claiming different things, it's not just Nixon that has stated £4m. Some say the figure we got is low and some say higher. We've had in the last couple of days £3.5m, £4m, and now from the telegraph "much lower than £4m" (whatever that is) 

Absolutely pointless arguing about it as neither of us have a clue what the actual figure is, don't you agree? 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just looked up Luke Edwards, the guy that wrote this article on twitter. Basically regarded by Newcastle fans as Mike Ashley's puppet. Nixon meanwhile is sticking to his guns that we already have £4M.

I don’t doubt it. But I dare say that if Nixon was saying it was 2m and Edwards 4m whilst slagging NUFC there would be a preferred version to believe.

What if Edwards’ story has some truth to it.

I would also like to believe Nixon. But for various reasons, I believe he’s incorrect and talking Solomon Rondons in this instance. But he will continue to do so. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t doubt it. But I dare say that if Nixon was saying it was 2m and Edwards 4m whilst slagging NUFC there would be a preferred version to believe.

What if Edwards’ story has some truth to it.

I would also like to believe Nixon. But for various reasons, I believe he’s incorrect and talking Solomon Rondons in this instance. But he will continue to do so. 

Aside from your support for Newcastle based journalists, without any substance to back this up, what are your reasons?

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

There's so many sources all claiming different things, it's not just Nixon that has stated £4m. Some say the figure we got is low and some say higher. We've had in the last couple of days £3.5m, £4m, and now from the telegraph "much lower than £4m" (whatever that is) 

Absolutely pointless arguing about it as neither of us have a clue what the actual figure is, don't you agree? 

Yeah. I’d rather not argue about it. I’m comfortable in my view that it won’t be that high. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah. I’d rather not argue about it. I’m comfortable in my view that it won’t be that high. 

Over the last 20 pages, you could have fooled me!

lol

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. Me personally I haven't got a clue. Let's just hope we get this sorted and can move on asap.