Just now, Bluesteel said:

I don’t know. Could be anything. Did we give permission to approach him or authorise the move? That seems to be where it gets ambiguous. Others hint there were talks as soon as Rafa left. 

Doesn’t really tally with us ‘surely’ having received the contractual compensation does it? How so sure?

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Doesn’t really tally with us ‘surely’ having received the contractual compensation does it? How so sure?

Just as in any commercial move there are various parties ie both employers and the employees and they all need to be comfortable with their contractual restrictions before forcing a move elsewhere. Particularly employees who can get caught short if it’s done wrong. They wouldn’t leave a well paid job for a competitor unless they were sure it was water tight and even Bruce has said there was a compensation clause in contract which has been paid. 

I know people might say this is NUFC and Ashley but there is nothing to suggest he hasn’t paid anything either. So I’m going off what is the most likely situation commercially rather than claiming as facts. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I can't see how anybody sensible couldn't see that we had Ashley over a barrel from the word go.

There seems to be a lot of contract experts on here who haven't been involved with contracts in real life..

I think the compensation for Bruce was defined his contract. Think the sticking point has been the mini Steve's. My interpretation is that was not clearly defined and we stood our ground asking for more money.

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Just as in any commercial move there are various parties ie both employers and the employees and they all need to be comfortable with their contractual restrictions before forcing a move elsewhere. Particularly employees who can get caught short if it’s done wrong. They wouldn’t leave a well paid job for a competitor unless they were sure it was water tight and even Bruce has said there was a compensation clause in contract which has been paid. 

I know people might say this is NUFC and Ashley but there is nothing to suggest he hasn’t paid anything either. So I’m going off what is the most likely situation commercially rather than claiming as facts. 

Didn’t know Bruce had said that, but then Bruce said quite a few things didn’t he. Funny if we received the contractual amount but only learnt about it when Newcastle announced Bruce.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Didn’t know Bruce had said that, but then Bruce said quite a few things didn’t he. Funny if we received the contractual amount but only learnt about it when Newcastle announced Bruce.

He did but he’d have to be careful what he says now and he’s an old hand at this situation 

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Well there’s the local journalists for a start so you can have a look for them.

Believe who you want. But it isn’t as high as 4m.

The local journalist at our city paper who covers Sheffield Wednesday has been on holiday all week and so has had some freelance guy filling in and Biggs appears to be getting his 'scoops' from Nixon! 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The local journalist at our city paper who covers Sheffield Wednesday has been on holiday all week and so has had some freelance guy filling in and Biggs appears to be getting his 'scoops' from Nixon! 

Possibly ... maybe post-445-0-99586200-1403613767_thumb.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Thankfully I’m starting to feel sure that Bullen will not be given the job, barring us literally being unable to find anyone else to do it. I don’t think he’s a choice.

Why you thinking that? I really hope you are correct though. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There are journos in Newcastle and the latest paper referring to loans also states under 4m.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

There are journos in Newcastle and the latest paper referring to loans also states under 4m.

Any reason why you regard them as more reliable than Nixon on this as he has been consistent throughout.

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Any reason why you regard them as more reliable than Nixon on this as he has been consistent throughout.

He can be consistently incorrect if his source is wrong. Folk scrutinise the detail of his rumours when they don’t like them and choose not to when they do. 

Id much prefer it to be 4m and so does everyone else clearly. But I think he’s wrong. 

With regard to local journos, the Newcastle ones are pretty well informed. 

Edited by Bluesteel

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He can be consistently incorrect if his source is wrong. Folk scrutinise the detail of his rumours when they don’t like them and choose not to when they do. 

Id much prefer it to be 4m and so does everyone else clearly. But I think he’s wrong. 

As much as Nixon seems to be an arrogant weirdo who chooses to block people for having the temerity to question him, he does seem to get a lot right. What other newspaper reports are you seeing today? The other one I have seen states £3.5M plus potential loans, which again is more than you were thinking. 

Do you have an in-depth knowledge of how well-informed Newcastle's local football reporters are then? Can't say I have ever given them a thought prior to the past 2 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Were all these media sources your relying on so well informed when they were all claiming we'd only get £1m for Bruce, and Nixon was the only one laughing at that figure at the time, saying it would take "much much more than that".. He was right. 

Nixon was bang on about that when all the "local" journos including sky didn't have a clue. 

Edited by RichieB

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

We're all these media sources your relying on so well informed when they were all claiming we'd only get £1m for Bruce, and Nixon was the only one laughing at that figure at the time, saying it would take "much much more than that".. He was right. 

Nixon was bang on about that when all the "local" journos including sky didn't have a clue. 

Im not relying on that there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. At the outset it was ranging from ncl wanting to pay 1 and weds wanting 5 with the truth somewhere in between.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As much as Nixon seems to be an arrogant weirdo who chooses to block people for having the temerity to question him, he does seem to get a lot right. What other newspaper reports are you seeing today? The other one I have seen states £3.5M plus potential loans, which again is more than you were thinking. 

Do you have an in-depth knowledge of how well-informed Newcastle's local football reporters are then? Can't say I have ever given them a thought prior to the past 2 weeks.

I’ve not said how much it is, just that I don’t think it’s as high as 4m. Which is what everyone other than Nixon is saying.

Nixon is often correct with the gist of what happens, but not always the full details.

If you boys genuinely think we got 4m for Bruce and co then crack on.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Im not relying on that there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. At the outset it was ranging from ncl wanting to pay 1 and weds wanting 5 with the truth somewhere in between.

Pretty much every media source at the time reported it would only take £1m to get Bruce. They were wrong then, what makes you think they are correct now. Plus it's being stated £3.5m and £4m now, a lot more than you thought. 

Be happy about that. But I get it, it's human nature to not want to be wrong lol