1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. Me personally I haven't got a clue. Let's just hope we get this sorted and can move on asap. 

Hopefully all efforts at the club are just on a new manager now. NUFC will have likely moved on. 

11 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Imagine if we could get £4m + Lazaar and Aarons on loan.  We could get Hector too then.  Hire a decent manager and we’ve done well from the deal 

I think that’s exactly what we are after.  UTO 

There is the other point in the legal case.

The Times and others quote Bruce as saying he shook hands with DC (with regard to leaving to join toon) on the Friday. This to make it look like there was an agreement days before his resignation on Monday.

But... In his interview on Saturday in Lincoln he said he didn't know anything and that it was up to the clubs to come to some agreement.

Now one of them is a lie :Chansiri:

3 minutes ago, Triple O said:

The Times and others quote Bruce as saying he shook hands with DC (with regard to leaving to join toon) on the Friday. This to make it look like there was an agreement days before his resignation on Monday.

But... In his interview on Saturday in Lincoln he said he didn't know anything and that it was up to the clubs to come to some agreement.

Alright Columbo.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Triple O said:

He's an interested party, it's in his interest to say he reached a verbal agreement. DC might say the exact oposite. Then it's down to the court to decide if they believe one or the other or neither.  They would look at other statements the people concerned had made and see if they were consistent.

Personally I'd take DC's word but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

He's an interested party, it's in his interest to say he reached a verbal agreement. DC might say the exact oposite. Then it's down to the court to decide if they believe one or the other or neither.  They would look at other statements the people concerned had made and see if they were consistent.

It’s all assumptions but I could imagine DC agreeing to let Bruce go if the compensation is agreed and shaking Bruce’s hand in that basis. In which case Bruce would not be lying when he said at Lincoln it is down to the clubs to agree. It then went horribly wrong when Bruce resigned before an agreement was made 

37 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Just from what you have just said !!!

Bruce said he shook hands on the friday

Bruce on the Saturday said he knew nothing it was up to the Clubs !!!!

In my opinion  Only ONE liar and it isn’t DC 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Imagine if we could get £4m + Lazaar and Aarons on loan.  We could get Hector too then.  Hire a decent manager and we’ve done well from the deal 

Unfortunately, if the bookies are right, we have decided to go for someone who made a decent rep strapped to Gareth Bale's coat tails... 

Edited by Daizan10

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on, we had a verbal agreement with Walter Smith once 

• Haha 1