2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

No, you've been telling everyone it isn't £4m as a matter of fact, as per just a couple of your posts from this thread... 

When in reality you have no clue what the actual figure is just like the rest of us, it could be £3m, it could be £4m+... Who knows. 

So I'd suggest stating "in my opinion..." in future so people wouldn't challenge you on it. 

Sorry dad. 

We will see.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Great deal if true.....................Get D C to sort out Brexit...................the EU have to pay US £39bn...AND we get Barnier & Tusk as tea-lads for Boris's new cabinet....AND Merkel as cleaner................sorted !!

6 hours ago, dorian gray said:

either that, or a queue of lorries from dover to half way up the country deliberately backed up by french customs, bottlenecking uk production and exports. win/win.

5 hours ago, prowl said:

Can we leave politics alone on the Sheffield Wednesday boards. Nobody will change their views now and it's irrelevant to the football.

Pretty please.

didn't notice i'd started it tbh.

still I expect you dealt with both our post even-handedly.  :tango:

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The local journalist at our city paper who covers Sheffield Wednesday has been on holiday all week and so has had some freelance guy filling in and Biggs appears to be getting his 'scoops' from Nixon! 

Two of the most interesting weeks in the recent history of Wednesday & the local journo in charge of bringing us the inside scoop wee wees off on his jollies?

Someones dropped the ball there then.

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Two of the most interesting weeks in the recent history of Wednesday & the local journo in charge of bringing us the inside scoop wee wees off on his jollies?

Someones dropped the ball there then.

Nono, Letting Dom go on holiday this week was a genius move as you might get some type of up to date and relevant news.

5 hours ago, oldishowl said:

We don’t know what is actually in the contracts do we. Even then we don’t know that the content will definitely be legally binding given that we don’t know what discussion took place between us and Newcastle about the 3 individuals and their resignation.

How would a court interpret the value of any loans or other offers that Ashley has made if we don’t accept them.

If it gets as far as the courts then it  is certainly not a 100% slam dunk so who knows about costs.

Given the hands on approach of our owner he will be knee deep in this, getting our manager and negotiating with agents for any new players we might be looking at.

Also if the solution involves loaning players that has to be done quickly and certainly impacts on the playing side.

To this point in time Chansiri  as only said he 'will be seeking legal advice' Further to this there will be no further statement. Have I missed something here ?

None of us actually knows what Bruce's contract said.

None of us actually knows the state of negotiations.

It's absolutely meaningless to take all the newspaper reports and average them out and call that the truth.

Here's what we actually know. The last public statement from either of the clubs is that Wednesday have said that contractual issues remain unresolved.

10 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

None of us actually knows what Bruce's contract said.

None of us actually knows the state of negotiations.

It's absolutely meaningless to take all the newspaper reports and average them out and call that the truth.

Here's what we actually know. The last public statement from either of the clubs is that Wednesday have said that contractual issues remain unresolved.

Exactly, and when the legal matter finally does get resolved (hopefully sooner than later), they'll probably be reports of compensation agreed in the range of £2.5m-£5m from various media, and round and round we'll go again. 

"It was £4m"

"oh no it wasn't" 

lol

I don't think any of us will ever know how much we're getting out of this. I do trust that DC won't stop until he gets what he feels he's owed though, stubborn is our DC lol

4 hours ago, RichieB said:

they'll probably be reports of compensation agreed in the range of £2.5m-£5m from various media, and round and round we'll go again

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Right on cue lol

That's me convinced. 

Surely Bruce / Ashley and Newcastle’s stance should be ‘no comment’ if they’ve done nowt wrong there won’t be any legal action ??

what they blabbing to press for 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's almost as if some really rich chap with loads of pals in the media is having all the dog turds outside St.James's painted gold. 

Its clear where it’s come from. But they must be pretty confident to be commenting on it at all.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Its clear where it’s come from. But they must be pretty confident to be commenting on it at all.

To be honest the folks involved don't particularly come across as being too bothered about about facts and right and wrong etc. 

Suspect 99% of what we've heard all ways around is flannel.

No one really had a bloody clue what's going on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest the folks involved don't particularly come across as being too bothered about about facts and right and wrong etc. 

Suspect 99% of what we've heard all ways around is flannel.

No one really had a bloody clue what's going on.

Seems to me like they are a bit too concerned to plead their innocence.

I'd like to know also why Bruce has not been detained by the Chinese authorities when he was said to be watching from the stands as he only has a holiday visa. It is obvious that he is there to work and Jonjo Shelvey apparently has said he has made a big difference already. What further proof do they need that he is working. One of his own players has dobbed him in ffs.

20 years in a Chinese jail for all three would be a nice bit of karma  lol