Odds For The New Manager

16 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't really want to drag the discussion back..but my Dad was Zola Budd's fancy piece..

When someone says they 'Don't really want to drag the discussion back...'

Then in fact they actually have no qualms at all about dragging the discussion back....

You're doing it again.

lol

• Like 1

Just now, Rev Owl said:

When someone says they 'Don't really want to drag the discussion back...'

Then in fact they actually have no qualms at all about dragging the discussion back....

You're doing it again.

lol

It may seem petty but... you know.. standards..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Maybe it's like people mixing up Hughton and Houghton, and whoever's lumping on Coleman is mistaking him for some other Coleman? :ghoulguy:

yes - it was the old underwater SWFC mobile DC's currently using; not from France but LA - he said, 'go out and get this guy'

See the source image

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

How do you reckon Jos got the job if DC is easily influenced by a good talker? I suppose it helps nevertheless.

Have to say Coleman getting the job would be a concern for me as well.

I’m guessing it was his promotion record

abroad and in a wierd way he was very quietly confident especially at the beginning. But that lack of engagement with key players and fans became a huge issue and our best managers seem to have that in their locker.

5 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

My ex girlfriend said she was leaving me because I was obsessed with the Monkees. 

I thought she was joking, and then I saw her face. 

And now you believe her.

Edited by Bob
  • Like 2

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

His time at Sunderland was an absolute car crash. Granted he was walking into a difficult situation but he then proceeded to alienate the clubs top goal scorer (he left shortly after, only returning later that season to score the winner against Sunderland for Villa), he was able to wheel and deal a bit in January and bought in mostly rubbish

For anybody out there who has not watched Sunderland till I die please do so its absolutely fantastic especially if you hate the mackam b@$tards as much as I do. I  heard they kept filming all through last season aswell so its currently the gift that keeps giving.

Brilliant insight into club politics aswell.

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

My concern with Coleman is that he’s a good talker and Chansiri liked that in both Carlos and Bruce, he’s very personable. Which is fine if he also gets results as that’s what we need. But he has struggled recently.

Welsh windbag springs to mind.

• Haha 1

Only 5 managers have been successful in getting promoted from the Championship in the Premier League/Championship era after being appointed during the season. Roy Keane – Sunderland – 2006/07; Ian Holloway – Crystal Palace – 2012/13, Slavisa Jokanovic – Watford – 2014/15, Alex Neil – Norwich – 2014/15 and Dean Smith – Aston Villa – 2018/19. Jokanovic or Neil might've been a good fit, if they were available or obtainable?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-how-many-championship-clubs-have-been-promoted-after-changing-managers-during-the-season-487346

Edited by The Night-Owl