Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is an important observation..we need a boss who's corpse will fit in a suitcase..

Zola would fit beautifully but might be a little short of championship experience. Short, you see what i did there. I'm bored.

9 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Hughton down to 11/8 on Skybet. Coleman at 5/2 and Bullen and Rowett now out at 6/1. With that report from Miller and the fact Hughton has an event to do next week (preview of new season), does he have to fulfil that first before can take over? No idea but i like thinking this if it means we get Hughton.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fwa-20192020-season-preview-tickets-64730613006

Wouldn't think so. If that is the case, he can do one. No excuse whatsoever to prioritise a corporate event over taking the job. Even so, it's a non matchday and sure he could travel down after training. 

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

He's competing against Peter Dinklage for the role.

Be like Game of Gnomes.

Dinklage can have the job if he promises to bring those dragons to do a fly over Bramall lane.

Just now, striker said:

Wouldn't think so. If that is the case, he can do one. No excuse whatsoever to prioritise a corporate event over taking the job. Even so, it's a non matchday and sure he could travel down after training. 

Yes i was clutching at straws to be honest. But if Hughton is announced next Wednesday i will declare that i was of course right. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We need a suitcase sized manager that can operate in the championship on a limited budget...now we're getting somewhere..

I think purely based on this conversation on this thread skybet have reduced the odds on Hughton to 5/6. odds on.

All about the suitcase.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

What about Sheridan - he was often Legless so wouldn't take up much room?

Can you please take this seriously?...if there's a lot of draws and boring football by Christmas... we'll need someone smaller than Shez...any idiot would know that..

Bullen out to 8/1. Get your money on it, just think if you put £25 on him you will get a return of £225 and can use that money to drown your sorrows with a few pints and treat the Mrs. However if you lose (please let this happen) you will only be £25 out of pocket but hopefully will be celebrating anyway because we have named a quality manager.  

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Can you please take this seriously?...if there's a lot of draws and boring football by Christmas... we'll need someone smaller than Shez...any idiot would know that..

Mourinho is only 5 foot 9. Plus lost some weight after leaving man u.

6 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Yes i was clutching at straws to be honest. But if Hughton is announced next Wednesday i will declare that i was of course right. lol

Well at least your straw clutching will be infinitely more accurate than anything reported in the star :biggrin:

TBH, I'm going off Hughton. He might have the CV and I get there is negotiation involved, but I'd like to think any incoming manager would be busting a gut to get involved before the season starts and affect recruitment before the window shuts. 

I just dont understand why any manager worth having would want to duck out until after the season starts and the transfer window closed.