Odds For The New Manager

21 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hughton sods shortenin* too. We’ve seen a few nailed on favourites come and go this week so don’t think we should read much into this at all. BUT given we’ve repeatedly been told Hughton is a no go, whythe hell is he still on the list with shortening odds 

Ive wanted to know for a while, who told us Hughton wasn't interested? Unless it was Hughton, Id take it with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why are people saying that x,y or z won't come here?

We're paying top £ in managers salary..a good (highly paid) squad.. a top fitness guru..academies doing well...a brilliant ground and good support..and a sh*t hot new kit...

Am I missing something?...Wtf else would a good coach/manager want???

The Newcastle job, apparently... Sorry, too soon. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But the Barnsley prices mean any sympathy I had for Chansiri is gone.  He had a chance to make a gesture to the fans and instead went for the wee pipe Turpin approach.

It's true @casbahowl - you fearless defender of all things Chansiri. Has he given you a black card for D Taxis or something?

WTF:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hughton sods shortenin* too. We’ve seen a few nailed on favourites come and go this week so don’t think we should read much into this at all. BUT given we’ve repeatedly been told Hughton is a no go, whythe hell is he still on the list with shortening odds 

Thread on here promoting wishful thinking at the bookies.

3 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Ive wanted to know for a while, who told us Hughton wasn't interested? Unless it was Hughton, Id take it with a pinch of salt. 

Report in the Mirror I think, or some other rag then picked up by the others. As someone else said, I hope it was a diplomatic answer as Bruce had not yet resigned.

2 hours ago, Jeff King's dog said:

That 'advantage' is only superficial.

The extra money is there to pay the overpaid prima donnas they had to recruit in the Premier.

If we never want to get promoted, then I agree it is unfair. If we did great promoted, we'd be very glad that they exist.

i'm not saying we wouldn't, the FACT that you state it proves it's a significant advantage.

i'd like our money from OUR premier league relegation, as we got **** all, and it ripped the heart out of the club for 2 decades and still undermines us...

very few took that fall and didn't go into admin. some made a game of it, and did well outa it, i'm looking at two or three in the prem. that's done quite well outa it.

44 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Whoever we get some people will moan. We aren't shopping for a Klopp or a Guardiola. I just want us to crack on so the new boss has time to make an impact - whoever he is. 

But the Barnsley prices mean any sympathy I had for Chansiri is gone.  He had a chance to make a gesture to the fans and instead went for the wee pipe Turpin approach.

who is wee pipe turpin? 

what a load of cobras the swear  filter is.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I do know that Hughton was at Hillsborough over weekend. 

36 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

You sure it wasn't Iain Dowie?

That would be an easy mistake to make.lol

• Haha 2