Odds For The New Manager

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Would the EFL even allow us to pay compensation to approach someone else’s manager ??

Yes, if we make savings elsewhwere to cover it.

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Does this fall under there pathetic rules ?  Do they even knows them selfs ?

Yes.

It is 'selves' and the rules are quite clear so why you are tying to make out the EFL as anti-Wednesday is a bit curious.

Boro had to sell Gibson, and Derby sold their ground. It is not just us. 

Other clubs keep to the rules, but keep on moaning about the unfairness if it makes you feel better.

11 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Presumably the embargo is only 'stupid' because it stops us spending loads more money?

We knew the EFL rules at the outset and took a massive gamble on recruting very highly paid players to get promotion. That failed and we are now paying the price.

It is not unfair or arbitary. We get the embargo lifted by working within the rules.

As for 'ivory towers' that is risible. If we don't want to obey the rules we should resign from the EFL and see if the Conference will have us.

I agree with most of your post, however I would like to add I am disappointed that the EFL doesn't advertise it's championship as a 'handicap' event, as the sides falling form the premier after earning their relegation are allowed a financial advantage.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I am disappointed that the EFL doesn't advertise it's championship as a 'handicap' event, as the sides falling form the premier after earning their relegation are allowed a financial advantage.

That 'advantage' is only superficial.

The extra money is there to pay the overpaid prima donnas they had to recruit in the Premier.

If we never want to get promoted, then I agree it is unfair. If we did great promoted, we'd be very glad that they exist.

I’m not arguing that there anti-Wednesday ,  they screwed Birmingham over aswell and there scheme is now making clubs sell grounds (derby and us to be confirmed) to find a way around and try to compete with the top of the division 

So since they sanctioned Birmingham taught them a lesson...  tell me how that clubs now in a stronger position ?

I just don’t see the way out of it ,  people say sell players but there delusional if they think we’re gonna get market value when everyone knows the EFL has us in a vice grip 

19 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Parachute payments have been in place for 25 years.

Just because we don't like them ,doesn't make them wrong.

Apart from the published accounts lodged at Companies House, detailed insight into a club's finances is confidential. What do you want the EFL to do, post stuff all over Twitter?

Nothing stopping you commenting on it, although your "It's not fair" line might get a bit tedious.

Have I missed something here?

I thought parachute payments were brought in in 2006?? 

13 years ago.

Which is why we didn't get any when we got relegated from the prem and ended up in the mess that we did.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

Have I missed something here?

13 years ago.

Which is why we didn't get any when we got relegated from the prem and ended up in the mess that we did.

I think we got some but no where near the scale of those after us.

7 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

13 years ago.

You are inded correct and I stand corrected.

It doesn't change the gist of my post though, that they are there to cushion the effects of big Premier wages and aren't just some unfair payment.

• Thanks 1

Think Rowett would be a solid choice. Did a great job at Burton, got sacked from Birmingham when they were 7th below us on GD (to be replaced by Zola who won 2 in 22), then took Derby to the play off final in one season. Obviously didn't do very well at Stoke, but his successor has been even worse, which kind of tells the story there. If Hughton doesn't want it, I'd be happy with Rowett.

17 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

You are inded correct and I stand corrected.

It doesn't change the gist of my post though, that they are there to cushion the effects of big Premier wages and aren't just some unfair payment.

They are supposed to be there to cushion the effect of big premiership wages but a lot of clubs seem to use them to strengthen their squad and try and go straight back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So since they sanctioned Birmingham taught them a lesson...  tell me how that clubs now in a stronger position ?

The rules aren't there to put Birmingham in a strong position. They broke them and have to pay the price.

The rules are there so that Brentford, Millwall, West Brom, Blackburn etc etc etc, can compete on amore level playing field.