Anybody looking forward to Bruce exiting?

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Not sure why anyone would be looking forward to losing a class Championship manager who has started to turn things around for us tbh.

I thought the clamour to get rid of Forestieri was daft too.

He's burn't his bridges mate

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thing is, I don't buy that Bruce wants to leave. He just wants to go Newcastle. There's a difference.

Think he'd ne more than happy to stay and if it was any other team he wouldn't be interested.

Pretty sure that means he wants to leave

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

47 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

No I'm not excited for him to go best feeling I've had for  manager at the club in a long time, if we get the reported 6 million and we get hector and Hughton in itll ease the blow a fair bit

That's the thing we all had a good feeling about him but if he stays we won't have that good feeling, we know he will be off if he gets the chance

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That's the thing we all had a good feeling about him but if he stays we won't have that good feeling, we know he will be off if he gets the chance

I know 1 way or another itll end badly as all Bruce will need to do is switch off and have us bottom of the table , we do need a manager that wants to be at the club more than anything

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

So he wants to go to Newcastle but he doesn't want to leave

Are you a politician?

He wants to go Newcastle yes.

But it doesn't mean he wants to leave us at all. Personally, his interview the other today sounded as if he was happy either way.

Like i said, anyone but Newcastle and he wouldn't care AT ALL.

• Haha 1

Thing is with Bruce, he has stabilised us, and fair play for doing that. Most likely though, any half decent manager should have been able to do that We had a good squad, when players were fit and available, Carvahal proved that, by getting us into the play offs in his only 2 full seasons. A combination of injuries, and some questionable recruiting, and things started to go pear shaped. Jos came in, and was quite frankly, clueless, and that’s despite giving him the benefit of doubt due to our ongoing injury crisis. When the penny dropped, and we got rid of Jos, things improved almost immediately, first under caretaker Bullen, and continued under Bruce. It’s true, the current manager has benefited from a few of the returning players, but he has reintroduced the team spirit that was lacking under the Dutchman. He has also got us organised. 

Can he build on that solidity? The signs were encouraging during those 18 games, despite a bit of a tail off at the end of the season. If he leaves, then there are plenty of managers who can take this squad forwards, so, although I’d rather him have stayed, I’m not that bothered if he decides to go

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thing is with Bruce, he has stabilised us, and fair play for doing that. Most likely though, any half decent manager should have been able to do that We had a good squad, when players were fit and available, Carvahal proved that, by getting us into the play offs in his only 2 full seasons. A combination of injuries, and some questionable recruiting, and things started to go pear shaped. Jos came in, and was quite frankly, clueless, and that’s despite giving him the benefit of doubt due to our ongoing injury crisis. When the penny dropped, and we got rid of Jos, things improved almost immediately, first under caretaker Bullen, and continued under Bruce. It’s true, the current manager has benefited from a few of the returning players, but he has reintroduced the team spirit that was lacking under the Dutchman. He has also got us organised. 

Can he build on that solidity? The signs were encouraging during those 18 games, despite a bit of a tail off at the end of the season. If he leaves, then there are plenty of managers who can take this squad forwards, so, although I’d rather him have stayed, I’m not that bothered if he decides to go

Who would you go for 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who would you go for 

I suppose Hughton is as good a fit as any He likes to play with 2 wingers, as Bruce seems to be doing, and hitting a big experienced target man early Not my way of playing, but for the sake of continuity, it makes sense

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think we’ll get Hughton personally, decent manager though 

just hoping we stay away from the dinosaurs  

Making you right there, deffo no dinosaurs When we were first linked with Bruce, I thought it would be a bit of a dull appointment, though you couldn’t argue with his track record at this level What he has been, and In hindsight, what was needed, is a steady hand on the tiller. Given our financial issues, I think I’d prefer more of the same, someone who will bring a bit of continuity to what’s been started

Edited by gurujuan

I want him to stay... but if he goes and we get Hughton in and £5m compo, then that’s a good deal. Anything less than that and we’re best off sticking with Bruce — he’s the best man for the job and it’ll be a huge disappointment if he does end up leaving