Anybody looking forward to Bruce exiting?

I am feeling quite positive about it for a few reasons,

Firstly it will be awkward if he stays, the fans won't appreciate him so much and it will come up everytime we are on a bad run. There was the feel good factor during his tenure which will be lost if he stays.

Secondly Bruce has been successful but I'm not sure it's to do with Bruce or whether we just had a manager picking our best available players unlike Jos.

However based on him being a success I am now feel that Chansiri will have realised appointing a manager who knows the English game well is important. I am confident as like Bruce we will be happy with our next appointment. 

My main fear is that Chansiri bargains too hard and Ashley walks a way, then nobody will be happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

My main fear is that Chansiri bargains too hard and Ashley walks a way, then nobody will be happy.

Why put it on Chansiri as the reason this deal doesn't get done?

To put it another way...

My main fear is Ashley tries to bully us and refuses to pay what we require to lose our entire coaching staff less than 3 weeks before a season starts, and walks away, then nobody will be happy. 

• Like 3

Just now, RichieB said:

Why put it on Chansiri as the reason this deal doesn't get done?

To put it another way...

My main fear is Ashley tries to bully us and refuses to pay what we require to lose our entire coaching staff less than 3 weeks before a season starts, and walks away, then nobody will be happy. 

Well we know as fans that Chansiri bargains a bit too hard sometimes and just prices people out. Heck he won't even reduce the previous seasons shirt to a reasonable rate. But you're right Ashley could also do that.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think a lot depends on who we get to replace him. Which, again, would not be measurable until into the season. 10+ games for example. 

It's not measurable but say if we got Hughton then the fans will be buzzing and optimistic which makes a huge difference on match days, it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable when the fans can relate to the manager straight away as chants etc will come much more naturally. 

Consider the start Bruce had v Luhukay's. People get behind who they know a lot quicker. 

I'm warming more and more to the possibility of Bruce leaving. Because he built the foundations at Villa for their promotion. Dean Smith came in and completed the job that Bruce started. I'd heed that as an inspiration and as a warning, if Bruce leaves. As I think it would be pointless bringing in another manager near the end of their career because we'll soon be looking for another replacement for them. I'd personally prefer us to bring in a younger more forward thinking long term appointment to replace Bruce. Someone who could carry on from Bruce's work in the short term but also be here for the long term, like Dean Smith did for Villa after Bruce left them.

But as others have already said, it depends on who we can get in to replace Bruce. I would avoid managers near the end of their careers; I'd avoid multiple job hoppers, I'd avoid mercenaries and I'd avoid those with no EFL experience or obscure coaches from abroad. If we go foreign then go for someone already over here or someone with some EFL experience. Personally I'd go for someone on the rise. Along the lines of Alex Neil and Daniel Stendel or someone similar.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Not me.

Consistently successful managers are rare.

We've got ourselves one at last.

I don't want to see him go.

If he was consistently successful he wouldn't be at Wednesday and Newcastle fans would be excited to get him. He is not infallible as he has shown many times over. His success may have simply been him selecting our strongest team. When we got towards the make or break matches he failed like V Leeds.

Just now, theowlsman said:

Not sure why anyone would be looking forward to losing a class Championship manager who has started to turn things around for us tbh.

I thought the clamour to get rid of Forestieri was daft too.

And in hindsight we should have sold forestieri when we had the chance so I'm not sure you've picked the best example there!

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

And in hindsight we should have sold forestieri when we had the chance so I'm not sure you've picked the best example there!

All about different opinions isn’t it?

Would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave, I honestly thought he would be the man to take us back to the big time and was here for the long haul.

I have tried to remain level headed throughout this whole process but lost my poo with the interview yesterday, having said that I could still see him deciding to stay and don't think its as clear cut as some think it is.

If he does go and Ashley stumps up to compo then its not the end of the world, we as a team have some good players, we are in a healthy position and after the last 2 seasons failings I feel we are ready to go again.

There are a few good manager out there who maybe interested in coming here Chris Hughton, Gary Neville, Phil Neville to name but a few.