Anybody looking forward to Bruce exiting?

43 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

But the same can be said of the opinion/assumption that he will come here and do the business. Despite looking washed up and devoid of a plan B when things started to go wrong at Brighton. Was thinking if Bruce is slightly younger and near the end of his career, then maybe Hughton is possibly nearing that stage too? I don't know. Personally he seems like he would be a decent appointment looking at his record at this level but it seems like those who want him are ignoring the negatives or risks. Plus, it's been suggested that he might be taking time out before he even returns to management and I'm not even sure we could get him or he might not even be interested?

Another proven experienced manager might be the right answer now and in the short term but there's a chance it might not work. Personally, I'd prefer doing things more long term and forward thinking, as I think it was poor recruitment and short term thinking that got us into a mess before we brought Bruce in. But after Bruce as revitalised us and built decent foundations for a successor, it might be smarter to do a similar thing that Villa did by replacing him with a more forward thinking appointment. That's just my opinion, as I feel that might be the best thing to do long term. That's not to say other ways of thinking won't work, as in the short term another experienced manager might be the answer but what's wrong in thinking what if it doesn't work, eventually we might be replacing another manager and so forth, whatever happens, which is why I see some benefits in thinking long term.

There's always a chance it might not work whoever you employ. At the end of the day I'm looking at the dangers of an inexperienced up and coming manager, you are looking at the dangers of getting someone wth experience in. Either of us could be right or wrong, Let's revisit it in a years time. If we employ a youngster I will shake your hand and congratulate you if it all works out. I'm sure we both want what's best for the club.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Get Foooooked

you old timer 

lol

You got me OG, I can go back a lot further, "four feather falls" anyone? "Torchy the battery boy", " The Wooden Tops" "Andy Pandy" "Bill and Ben".

I remember all these from my 60 plus years on this earth, but try as I may, I cannot remember the pigs winning anything.

As Lord Nelson once said, " You should consider anyone who speaks ill of your club as your enemy, and you should hate a pig as you hate the devil" his words, not mine.

PS. With ref to Four feather falls, I just used to love how his guns used to come up at his side when he was fighting the baddies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

There's always a chance it might not work whoever you employ. At the end of the day I'm looking at the dangers of an inexperienced up and coming manager, you are looking at the dangers of getting someone wth experience in. Either of us could be right or wrong, Let's revisit it in a years time. If we employ a youngster I will shake your hand and congratulate you if it all works out. I'm sure we both want what's best for the club.

Exactly, well said and fair do's. I don't care about being right, would much rather be proved wrong, if it meant the best outcome for Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully we'll get the right replacement in, whoever it might be.

2 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

You got me OG, I can go back a lot further, "four feather falls" anyone? "Torchy the battery boy", " The Wooden Tops" "Andy Pandy" "Bill and Ben".

I remember all these from my 60 plus years on this earth, but try as I may, I cannot remember the pigs winning anything.

As Lord Nelson once said, " You should consider anyone who speaks ill of your club as your enemy, and you should hate a pig as you hate the devil" his words, not mine.

PS. With ref to Four feather falls, I just used to love how his guns used to come up at his side when he was fighting the baddies.

I'm knocking on a bit misen,.. but glad I've never seen "Torchy the battery boy".... 

• Haha 2

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm really disappointed with Bruce, especially after the way Chansiri waited for him

If he doesn't go, I will get behind him because he is manager of my club, and doing anything else will have a negative effect on our season

But I think it's probably for the best if he does go

In an ideal world we would get decent compensation, and Hughton would take the job, who in my opinion is a better manager

But this is Wednesday

We will probably go down the foreigner route again

With the greatest of respect to you Hoots

And it's been one hell of an entertaining week and a big thanks to Night Owl and all the rest of the insomniac Fools that have been ever present in presenting the relentless repeatable loop of the Manager threads .....

Did anyone really believe Steve Bruce could stay loyal to a football club that he has managed ?

IF and it's a Twin Towers sized IF he's still here as our manager this time next week he will have changed the habit of a serial "Gun for Hires" lifetime ...

He really has been up to now "The Whòre of the English football League" 

Can this Leopard change his Spots ?........

Season is 3 weeks away as is the transfer deadline, We are top heavy with strikers and lacking in midfield and possibly defence. Situation needs sorting ASAP so it doesn’t ruin our season. It’s ok saying take Ashley for every penny, is that really giving us the best chance of promotion this season. 

4 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Four feather falls was my favourite. The acting was a bit wooden but you can't have everything.

If they did it now Bill and Ben would probably get married. Neither of them wanted anything to do with 'little weed'.

Looby Loo was hot stuff to a 3 year old.

Those were the days

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

With the greatest of respect to you Hoots

And it's been one hell of an entertaining week and a big thanks to Night Owl and all the rest of the insomniac Fools that have been ever present in presenting the relentless repeatable loop of the Manager threads .....

Did anyone really believe Steve Bruce could stay loyal to a football club that he has managed ?

IF and it's a Twin Towers sized IF he's still here as our manager this time next week he will have changed the habit of a serial "Gun for Hires" lifetime ...

He really has been up to now "The Whòre of the English football League" 

Can this Leopard change his Spots ?........

Alas OG, you have hit nailonted. Bruce is good at telling people what they want to hear, Hughton tells the truth, get Hughton in for my money,UTO.

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Season is 3 weeks away as is the transfer deadline, We are top heavy with strikers and lacking in midfield and possibly defence. Situation needs sorting ASAP so it doesn’t ruin our season. It’s ok saying take Ashley for every penny, is that really giving us the best chance of promotion this season. 

We won't be taking Ashley for anything, he's too cute for that.

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

Four feather falls was my favourite. The acting was a bit wooden but you can't have everything.

If they did it now Bill and Ben would probably get married. Neither of them wanted anything to do with 'little weed'.

Looby Loo was hot stuff to a 3 year old.

Those were the days

What about this one ?

My dear old dad forced fed me Cowboy films and Commando comic books ......

Happy Days ....tumblr_n3uga463CS1ts5n2oo1_400.gif.c4dfa6d3732be1a92e25f7dfbf8792c9.giftumblr_oe72ow3zV81sfm1uco1_400.gif.0994846e1e51735ac641c8c2cc519f49.gifK8rRWMs.gif.e42cba95a5a750ca928ac9e4e130d9e8.gif

THE RIFLEMAN 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

all I have in response to that OG is 'High Noon", the best movie I have ever seen.

Seeing Torchy the. Battery Boy at High Noon is not something I want to too see.. Not without a double row of stewards segregating the stand and preferably a 3pm kick off..