Anybody looking forward to Bruce exiting?

13 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Because an experienced manager near the end of their career is more likely to not stick around for various reasons. They could be washed up and just looking for a final pay day; they might only have a year or so left in them before they decide to retire. It's all good if we find one in it for the long term, then fair enough. A experienced manager near the end of their career with a proven record, doesn't necessarily mean we will get promoted. There are different ways of doing it and only 3 clubs go up. Who'd have thought Norwich and the Pigs would go up? Dean Smith was brought in at Villa, he was a manager on the rise rather than on the decline and he didn't have Bruce's record but he completed Bruce's work in getting Villa over the line after Bruce left.

My thinking is, that a proven experienced manager near the end of their career, might not be the best possible replacement. A younger manager on the rise might be able to build something upon the foundations prepared by Bruce and if we go up or not, they could possibly be here longer to build something properly with, that's of course if we bring in the right one. There are risks whatever route we take, short term or long term, forward thinking or taking on someone who's better days are behind them. I just think after Bruce, it might be smarter to be forward thinking or doing things long term. I'd rather do things smartly by thinking long term and by wheeling and dealing, etc. Who knows, what DC will be thinking or what he will do if Bruce leaves?

You are assuming an experienced manager is near the end of their career. Even Hughton is only 60, no reason he would retire at that age if he finds a club that pays him well, where the fans are behind him and where the owner supports him. I accept if he fails and gets booted out he might just decide to call it a day. It's a throw up really.

7 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Oh FFS, can't you numpties see what Ashleys doing, cause disruption within the club and get him for nowt, it really is as simple as that.

Explain how he gets someone who is under contract for nothing

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Explain how he gets someone who is under contract for nothing

Take a look at what he did at Derby, it aint hard.

Derby enjoyed a strong opening two-thirds of the 2014–15 season, topping the table on three separate occasions and reaching the League Cup quarter-finals. However, after a 2–0 victory over Charlton Athletic on 24 February took Derby to the top of the division, their form nose-dived and they managed just two wins, against eventually relegated Wigan Athletic and Blackpool, in their remaining 13 fixtures. They missed out on the play-offs altogether after a 3–0 defeat at home to Reading on the last day of the season, when a point would have sufficed. The drastic loss in form was attributed by McClaren to injuries to key players, especially striker Chris Martin, although local press also believed that constant speculation linking McClaren to the Newcastle United job had been a contributing factor. On 25 May 2015, McClaren was sacked by Derby.[106]

Cant see any reason to be excited, if we don’t get promotion this season (and he offers the best chance in my opinion), I fear we may be in more financial trouble next season.

why and how is that exciting?

1 minute ago, Professor Plum said:

Take a look at what he did at Derby, it aint hard.

Derby enjoyed a strong opening two-thirds of the 2014–15 season, topping the table on three separate occasions and reaching the League Cup quarter-finals. However, after a 2–0 victory over Charlton Athletic on 24 February took Derby to the top of the division, their form nose-dived and they managed just two wins, against eventually relegated Wigan Athletic and Blackpool, in their remaining 13 fixtures. They missed out on the play-offs altogether after a 3–0 defeat at home to Reading on the last day of the season, when a point would have sufficed. The drastic loss in form was attributed by McClaren to injuries to key players, especially striker Chris Martin, although local press also believed that constant speculation linking McClaren to the Newcastle United job had been a contributing factor. On 25 May 2015, McClaren was sacked by Derby.[106]

That's got nothing to do with us

23 minutes ago, prowl said:

You are assuming an experienced manager is near the end of their career. Even Hughton is only 60, no reason he would retire at that age if he finds a club that pays him well, where the fans are behind him and where the owner supports him. I accept if he fails and gets booted out he might just decide to call it a day. It's a throw up really.

But the same can be said of the opinion/assumption that he will come here and do the business. Despite looking washed up and devoid of a plan B when things started to go wrong at Brighton. Was thinking if Bruce is slightly younger and near the end of his career, then maybe Hughton is possibly nearing that stage too? I don't know. Personally he seems like he would be a decent appointment looking at his record at this level but it seems like those who want him are ignoring the negatives or risks. Plus, it's been suggested that he might be taking time out before he even returns to management and I'm not even sure we could get him or he might not even be interested?

Another proven experienced manager might be the right answer now and in the short term but there's a chance it might not work. Personally, I'd prefer doing things more long term and forward thinking, as I think it was poor recruitment and short term thinking that got us into a mess before we brought Bruce in. But after Bruce as revitalised us and built decent foundations for a successor, it might be smarter to do a similar thing that Villa did by replacing him with a more forward thinking appointment. That's just my opinion, as I feel that might be the best thing to do long term. That's not to say other ways of thinking won't work, as in the short term another experienced manager might be the answer but what's wrong in thinking what if it doesn't work, eventually we might be replacing another manager and so forth, whatever happens, which is why I see some benefits in thinking long term.

Edited by The Night-Owl

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

That's got nothing to do with us

Oh, OK. He's caused the disruption and we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out won't we. Ashley as now set the supporters against the manager and he'll just sit tight until the manager is sacked. He's done it before.

I'll tell you this, Bruce needs to go on Gardening leave if this is not resolved before the start of the season. Asleys plan is we start off crap and we sack him after 10/12 games and he picks him up for nowt, and Bruce will know the plan.

Edited by Professor Plum

1 minute ago, Professor Plum said:

Oh, OK. He's caused the disruption and we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out won't we. Ashley as now set the supporters against the manager and he'll just sit tight until the manager is sacked. He's done it before.

No one knows what has gone on with Ashley and Bruce, lots of people are guessing

But Ashley will have found a new manager by the middle of next week

If it's not Bruce, Bruce will stay here and say he's committed to Wednesday but spoke to Newcastle out of courtesy, and he never really wanted to leave

We win a few games, supporters will back him

lolAshley is playing the long game, Bruce is now tainted at Hillsborough, the sooner he goes, the better. I had high hopes for him, but anyone who wants to go manage in an area where the people can't spell jack sh-t then it's maybe better to say bye bye.

Bruce is a bit of a chancer, lets be reight, at least Hughton, (if we were fortunate enough to get him) is honest and beyond reproach. Ashley needs holding to account on his tactics.

Edited by Professor Plum

9 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

No one knows what has gone on with Ashley and Bruce, lots of people are guessing

But Ashley will have found a new manager by the middle of next week

If it's not Bruce, Bruce will stay here and say he's committed to Wednesday but spoke to Newcastle out of courtesy, and he never really wanted to leave

We win a few games, supporters will back him

No one believes what the press say do they ?

Surely we are all far too long in the tooth ?........

Maxwell - Murdoch - Morgan ......

Tomorrow's another day ....

Just now, Professor Plum said:

lolAshley is playing the long game, Bruce id now tainted at Hillsborough, the sooner he goes, the better. I had high hopes for him, but anyone who wants to go manage in an area where the people can't spell jack sh-t then it's maybe better to say bye bye.

Bruce is a bit of a chancer, lets be reight, at least Hughton, (if we were fortunate enough to get him) is honest and beyond reproach. Ashley needs holding to account on his tactics.

I don't think Ashley is playing the long game

I think he was contacted by Bruce's agent to tell him Bruce wanted the job

I think Ashley went for Bruce thinking he could get him cheaply

Now Ashley knows this is not the case, he will go for a different manager

I agree with the rest of your post

• Like 2

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No one believes what the press say do they ?

Surely we are all far too long in the tooth ?........

Maxwell - Murdoch - Morgan ......

Tomorrow's another day ....

You only have to look at what Sky TV announced when they broke the news

They stated compensation would be around 1 million

They broke a story without ever researching it

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You only have to look at what Sky TV announced when they broke the news

They stated compensation would be around 1 million

They broke a story without ever researching it

As I said one of the 3 

Murdoch ..........

Unless it's reported on Blue Peter it's a pack of lies ....lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't think Ashley is playing the long game

I think he was contacted by Bruce's agent to tell him Bruce wanted the job

I think Ashley went for Bruce thinking he could get him cheaply

Now Ashley knows this is not the case, he will go for a different manager

I agree with the rest of your post

I'm only trying to read between the lines like everyone else mate, I just hope this is resolved as soon as possible either way but I'll never be able to view Bruce in the same light now, he's lost his shine and the more I think about some of his interviews against when I've seen Hughton speak then the more I think Hughton is the way forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

I'm only trying to read between the lines like everyone else mate, I just hope this is resolved as soon as possible either way but I'll never be able to view Bruce in the same light now, he's lost his shine and the more I think about some of his interviews against when I've seen Hughton speak then the more I think Hughton is the way forward. 

I'm really disappointed with Bruce, especially after the way Chansiri waited for him

If he doesn't go, I will get behind him because he is manager of my club, and doing anything else will have a negative effect on our season

But I think it's probably for the best if he does go

In an ideal world we would get decent compensation, and Hughton would take the job, who in my opinion is a better manager

But this is Wednesday

We will probably go down the foreigner route again

• Like 1