Anybody looking forward to Bruce exiting?

9 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Not sure why anyone would be looking forward to losing a class Championship manager who has started to turn things around for us tbh.

I thought the clamour to get rid of Forestieri was daft too.

I have found so many things daft in recent past that I thought it would be too long a thread to post

lol

10 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

What about this one ?

My dear old dad forced fed me Cowboy films and Commando comic books ......

Happy Days ....tumblr_n3uga463CS1ts5n2oo1_400.gif.c4dfa6d3732be1a92e25f7dfbf8792c9.giftumblr_oe72ow3zV81sfm1uco1_400.gif.0994846e1e51735ac641c8c2cc519f49.gifK8rRWMs.gif.e42cba95a5a750ca928ac9e4e130d9e8.gif

THE RIFLEMAN 

So did mine but I missed The Rifleman series it must have been on after my bedtime. but I do remember Sugarfoot and Rawhide from around the same time. I remember Bronco a bit and have a vague recollection of Cheyenne.  I'm not even sure if Cheyenne was on UK TV so that might have been from books or comics.

I was cowboy mad as a kid. I've never met anyone who remembers Four Feather Falls before. When I've mentioned it to people they just look blank.

DC should deal harder with Ashley; tell Ashley the deal is on the table until the end of today only, but tomorrow it goes up by a million and then half a million per day, until we get all the money in our bank. Ashley wants to negotiate down, but he is the idiot trying to poach our manager at the last minute and Chansiri will be the one trying to find a replacement when we should be buying players. Irrespective of whether Bruce goes there or not, Newcastle deserve to go down next season. The way they conduct themselves is shambolic. If they want Bruce then prove it and pay the compensation, it is there for this very reason. If we do things this way it will either hurry Ashley up, or drive him away.

Regarding Bruce staying, or not, the economics of the situation suggests that getting 4 or 5 million for Bruce and getting Chris Hughton in, would be a fantastic deal for us. If we did not get Hughton, I would be very worried, especially if we ended up with another Amadeu Paixao recommended manager. I would rather Bruce stayed than go down that slippery slope.

Regarding Bruce talking to his boyhood club, I cannot imagine any Wednesdayite who is a football manager, not wanting to at least talk to Wednesday's management when they ask you to consider the job, so I cannot criticise Bruce for considering Newcastle's approach. However, if he ever manages to sit down and go through all the different scenarios, he may well come to the same conclusion as us, that he is far better off staying with a club like ours that is heading back in the right direction, than going to his childhood favourites, fighting relegation, fighting Ashley and the board, fighting the press and fighting the growing number of fans who do not want him there.

UTO!

31 minutes ago, prowl said:

So did mine but I missed The Rifleman series it must have been on after my bedtime. but I do remember Sugarfoot and Rawhide from around the same time. I remember Bronco a bit and have a vague recollection of Cheyenne.  I'm not even sure if Cheyenne was on UK TV so that might have been from books or comics.

I was cowboy mad as a kid. I've never met anyone who remembers Four Feather Falls before. When I've mentioned it to people they just look blank.

Four Feather Falls was compulsive viewing ( as was Clint Walker as Cheyenne Body) and Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford. Kids these days just won’t  grow up proper without No Hiding Place and Stingray and John Fantham and Bronco Layne and Tommy Mac...

Now in my day......(insert very long playing record here)...Ty Hardin was Bronco as I recall..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prowl said:

You can watch it on youtube :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

DC should deal harder with Ashley; tell Ashley the deal is on the table until the end of today only, but tomorrow it goes up by a million and then half a million per day, until we get all the money in our bank. Ashley wants to negotiate down, but he is the idiot trying to poach our manager at the last minute and Chansiri will be the one trying to find a replacement when we should be buying players. Irrespective of whether Bruce goes there or not, Newcastle deserve to go down next season. The way they conduct themselves is shambolic. If they want Bruce then prove it and pay the compensation, it is there for this very reason. If we do things this way it will either hurry Ashley up, or drive him away.

Regarding Bruce staying, or not, the economics of the situation suggests that getting 4 or 5 million for Bruce and getting Chris Hughton in, would be a fantastic deal for us. If we did not get Hughton, I would be very worried, especially if we ended up with another Amadeu Paixao recommended manager. I would rather Bruce stayed than go down that slippery slope.

Regarding Bruce talking to his boyhood club, I cannot imagine any Wednesdayite who is a football manager, not wanting to at least talk to Wednesday's management when they ask you to consider the job, so I cannot criticise Bruce for considering Newcastle's approach. However, if he ever manages to sit down and go through all the different scenarios, he may well come to the same conclusion as us, that he is far better off staying with a club like ours that is heading back in the right direction, than going to his childhood favourites, fighting relegation, fighting Ashley and the board, fighting the press and fighting the growing number of fans who do not want him there.

UTO!

I don't think it works that way. If there is a release fee in the contract that is the amount we are due. We can't change contract terms retrospectively.

38 minutes ago, prowl said:

I don't think it works that way. If there is a release fee in the contract that is the amount we are due. We can't change contract terms retrospectively.

So if Ashley does not want to follow the basic principle of paying the sum stated he can pay more, not less. Price negotiations can go either way depending on the circumstances. I know it is extremely unlikely, but another club could jump in and say, we'll have him for £5M give him a load of money to spend, etc and what would Ashley have to do then? Drop his price? DC has let SB talk to Newcastle knowing that SB wants to go there, but in SB's contract there is buyout/compensation clause. The fee size in the clause would have presumably been agreed by DC and SB as an offset cost for us losing our manager at any time in the season. Any time would be bad to lose your manager, but, as Bruce is only on a rolling contract the amount may possibly be negotiated down towards the end of the season, but DC is quite within his rights to suggest that this is the very minimum amount we would want right now, because we have only just started preparing our team for a promotion battle and this is the worst possible time to lose your manager. If we are to go through the same scenario as Newcastle, but a week or so later, we too may have to pay compensation. SWFC and DC, just recently, have been mugged in both directions with people coming and going from Hillsborough. We pay top whack to get people in and then have to let people go for next to nothing! 

I think its gone to far now, no coming back for Bruce. People are saying its is boyhood club, but he as turned it down twice already so that does not wash. Get him out and move on. The season is three weeks away and we need a new guy in asap.