S!@t Storm Friday

4 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

tumblr_inline_npxy2jHdGu1qhcehh_500.gif

5a0a9a5caf672_jackassshitstorm.gif.33ed1

Reminds me when me and a lad from my unit pushed a portaloo over on a Gurkha who was out on field exercise in Scotland. Were sick of them jacking on us. Were on sentry at the time and got caught by the Troop Staff Sergeant running the 40m or so back to our post. Obviously we pushed it over into the door so the poor bloke couldn’t escape. Sea of blue liquid, bog roll and Richards all around it. Ended up doing a extra 7 miles in full kit over the mountains of Gareloch Head as punishment. Don’t think we stopped laughing until we got back. That promotion course gained legendary status in the unit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Reminds me when me and a lad from my unit pushed a portaloo over on a Gurkha who was out on field exercise in Scotland. Were sick of them jacking on us. Were on sentry at the time and got caught by the Troop Staff Sergeant running the 40m or so back to our post. Obviously we pushed it over into the door so the poor bloke couldn’t escape. Sea of blue liquid, bog roll and Richards all around it. Ended up doing a extra 7 miles in full kit over the mountains of Gareloch Head as punishment. Don’t think we stopped laughing until we got back. That promotion course gained legendary status in the unit. 

This seems like a brill story but I’ll be honest, I’m too distracted trying to work out what ‘jacking on us’ might’ve meant then vs now

:Sid:

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

This seems like a brill story but I’ll be honest, I’m too distracted trying to work out what ‘jacking on us’ might’ve meant then vs now

:Sid:

Jacking I’m the Army means jacking it in; giving up, quitting or being selfish and not pulling your weight. The safety vehicle on runs or speed marches is often called the Jack Wagon. Used to say to lads falling behind, Jack wagon is there waiting for you. Often they would break and get on it.

• Thanks 1