Chris Hughton

One hopeful straw upon which to clutch...

Hughton's comments about not wanting the job were made before Bruce officially resigned. This maybe is out of respect and professionalism because saying that you are up for the job whilst somebody else is in the post looks bad.

Now that there is clearly a vacancy, I wonder if his story might change?

1 hour ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Lots of championship clubs go up & just because they spend all their lovely money on unknown foreign players they expect to compete with the "big boys". Then, when they get tired of being the cannon fodder they are, losing every week, they invariably turn on the men who got them there.

Hughton might do well again in the championship, but I don't think he'll want to come here.

They'll be other offers if he waits a little longer.

I can’t see Hughton getting a job in the prem, unless Wilder or Dyche move on

Edited by Stoop

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

At Birmingham Zola had a win ratio of just:

8%

SUFC fans must be smiling as they throw money away betting on Zola.

Over a 46 games season that equates to just over 3 wins

lol

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

One hopeful straw upon which to clutch...

Hughton's comments about not wanting the job were made before Bruce officially resigned. This maybe is out of respect and professionalism because saying that you are up for the job whilst somebody else is in the post looks bad.

Now that there is clearly a vacancy, I wonder if his story might change?

How do you know this bud?

Had Hughton been unemployed 3-4 years ago then I think he'd have been interested.

But we've spent the money, and whoever takes the job has got to accept that.

Bruce may have also been doubtful to some extent about our promotability.

More likely he just dropped anchor for a few months on his voyage to the North East.

So I just don't see why Hughton would want to come to us now.

That Scouser with laryngitis at Wigan might come, for instance.

Karanka might, but we're then back to the same old problem of not having the right sort of players to make his game work here.

I'm not as against Megson as many on here, but how many of our lot have got the necessary fire in their bellies to give what he demands every week?

But Hughton is now beyond us I would think.

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

His price as drifted to 7-1 from evens  This suggests reports he is not interested are true. 

I wouldn’t pay any attention to odds currently. Was a surge in last 24 hours for bullen. It’s not his time yet.

Mr chansiri is in a rush for promotion. It will be some one who excites us. 

• Like 1

Just now, owlse said:

I wouldn’t pay any attention to odds currently. Was a surge in last 24 hours for bullen. It’s not his time yet.

not trying to influence but please be careful with backing Bullen,  IF it's deemed he is a default caretaker he has to be in charge for 10 games 

1 minute ago, owlse said:

I accept odds manipulated by agents especially in initial markets but the also monitor what fans are saying. Hughton was very popular they took no chance. He has gone out across the boards as a result.

Think DC will want somebody who has a good reputation and quite a few interesting names I would prefer he gets someone who can get us promoted rather than us say wow. Betting is well spread and it suggests no one has got the nod or we are in keen pursuit of. Zola who had been positioned by his agents at forefront of market now drifting as they realise would not go down well and everyone realises he his hopeless as manager. Rowett now favourite with two companies as low as 11-4 it appears someone has had a punt but still 7-1 on another site which suggests nowhere near definite.

Yea 

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

I accept odds manipulated by agents especially in initial markets but the also monitor what fans are saying. Hughton was very popular they took no chance. He has gone out across the boards as a result.

Think DC will want somebody who has a good reputation and quite a few interesting names I would prefer he gets someone who can get us promoted rather than us say wow. Betting is well spread and it suggests no one has got the nod or we are in keen pursuit of. Zola who had been positioned by his agents at forefront of market now drifting as they realise would not go down well and everyone realises he his hopeless as manager. Rowett now favourite with two companies as low as 11-4 it appears someone has had a punt but still 7-1 on another site which suggests nowhere near definite.

Yea the current market can be manipulated at very little cost. 

Agree. He will want someone who can get us promoted ASAP.

plus I think he may well throw whatever money we have got from the   snake to fund it.