Chris Hughton

Maybe a little grudge is being held from Hughton's side, sure we caused them a little heartache in the playoffs and I remember a little issue where Knockaert celebrated in front of Carlos. 

Other reasons why potential managers would turn us down...

I dont feel the infrastructure behind the scenes is spot on. Sorry to all the youngsters currently playing for us, we've not actively gone and hand picked youth from the ranks of other top teams to develop. I don't see a David Brooks amongst them. We need to go after specific attributes - height being the main one for me. 

Hands are tied. We have to tread carefully financially. We've got the bulk of a team thats given all they can and failed. It needs freshening up massively and this requires flex, where there's very little.

The last thing we need, the absolute last thing....is a paxo picked manager, with no british connections. Give me Moyes, Pardew, Holloway, Pearson, O'Neil or a foreigner who's done well like Jokanovic...or can we steal David Wagner (if anything can happen in football)

Edited by bigash_swfc

9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Too right, after all Bruce was 1/20 and the mail reported 6 days ago bruce was off...

©  'It's all speculation' Steve Bruce, 13 july 2019

You really don't understand how it works do you, go and stick a pin in the list of potential managers, stick a thousand pounds and it and low and behold his odds will tumble.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chris Hughton snubs becoming next Sheffield Wednesday boss

Chris Hughton has turned down the chance to become the next Sheffield Wednesday boss.

Former Brighton boss Hughton is the odds-on favourite with the bookies to take over from Steve Bruce who is heading to Newcastle.

But Mirror Sport can reveal Hughton has already turned down an approach and is not in the running, believing it was not the right job or the right time.

Hughton has gained an outstanding reputation of getting clubs promoted into the Premier League and then being a first class manager having worked wonders at Brighton and Newcastle.

There will be no shortage after his departure from Brighton in the summer and he has admitted he wants a return to management but it will not be with Wednesday.

@EcclesallOwl what you sayin'?

Mirror reporter: "Hello, is that Chris Hughton?"

CH: "Yes?"

Mirror reporter: "It's the Mirror here. I hear that you've been connected with the Sheffield Wednesday job"

CH: "Do you mind, pal! Not now! I'm just pruning my cabbages and I need to plant my rose bushes before it starts raining!" <CLICK>

Mirror headline: "Chris Hughton snubs becoming next Sheffield Wednesday boss"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

You really don't understand how it works do you, go and stick a pin in the list of potential managers, stick a thousand pounds and it and low and behold his odds will tumble.

Thing is me owd, everybody stuck a pin in bruce. In fact it's 1/33 you are in denial .... No pin needed

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Thing is me owd, everybody stuck a pin in bruce. In fact it's 1/33 you are in denial .... No pin needed

Once a manager name is bandied about on social media a flurry of bets will occur, the bookies protect their money by reducing the odds drastically, its a very easy market to fluctuate and a small amount of bets will do it. Lambert was at about those odd before we got Bruce, he didn't appear though.

Get that pin.

6 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

eeeeek Star are reporting Zola now favourite !!!!! failed everywhere he has been. Hope this is just press talk.

I wish people would stop this, he's favourite because a little bit of money will have be put on him, doesn't mean there's any substance.

1 minute ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

eeeeek Star are reporting Zola now favourite !!!!! failed everywhere he has been. Hope this is just press talk.

I really can't see any reason for this other than he's put £50 on himself , iother than self promotion or an agent t makes absolutely no sense 

3 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

I don't see the connection between gambling odds and reality. Seems strange that people use odds as some kind of measure of liklihood 

Thought that where the money went was the most likely outcome.

1 minute ago, Mr Soul said:

I don't see the connection between gambling odds and reality. Seems strange that people use odds as some kind of measure of liklihood 

there isn't  until massive odds movement 

for myself i just cannot see any likelihood of zola why he would be deemed so low odds  as 6/4 is as above weird 

1 hour ago, debram said:

Thought that where the money went was the most likely outcome.

No or Lambert would be our manager. A managerial appointment is a very easy market to get some inside info and stick a bet on if your that way inclined, as soon as any name looks even remotely likely the odds tumble to make betting on them worthless, thats why the owner of Bet365 is one of the richest women in the country.