Chris Hughton

6 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Any premier league job will come with a team down on their luck, otherwise the manager won't have been sacked. We're in the black financially, had a great run at the end of last season and look to be on a much better footing with injuries. We're a very very tempting prospect for the season compared to a team at the wrong end of the premier league I would think

We may well be in the black financially, but it's doubtful the money left after balancing the books will keep us out of an embargo next season.

Plus we still don't know if the EFL have accepted our accounting jiggery pokery, it's quite possible we're still under an embargo and will be when the transfer window closes.

I'm not sure we're as tempting as people think.

34 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

We may well be in the black financially, but it's doubtful the money left after balancing the books will keep us out of an embargo next season.

Plus we still don't know if the EFL have accepted our accounting jiggery pokery, it's quite possible we're still under an embargo and will be when the transfer window closes.

Worst case scenario for a decent manager is they come in and we don't go up, the club loses money and they end up with a couple of years of a decent wage. Best case scenario is taking a well supported team with good backing into the premier league.

I know I have blue and white tinted shades but things going boobies up in the long run isn't a worry for a manager who would be long gone by then

46 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I partly agree with this, but the crumb of comfort I have is DC is still keeping his power dry, and has some decent asset to flog - Rhodes, Joao, Bannan, Reach, FF etc, which could, if necessary bail us out.

Unfortunately this could risk relegation and it's a fine line to tread.

We're still a pull and top 6/10 material, even though, from a distance we probably look dysfunctional.

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Been backed back in to 8/1, could it be on again?

No serious money though. When some of others been interviewed or agent contacted bit of cash from that vicinity but not significant amounts been a low key betting market all round.

I suspect Dc is having another go as Hughton is only one with credentials in league who is available.

J just hope if he does not come we go for an somebody with a future in game and somebody who stands a chance of taking us on to better things.

15 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Hughtons Butchers in Andover 

do a magnificent Black Pudding.

The Mrs orders a portion thrice monthly.......

15 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

It's his..

Special stuff...

:ph34r:

Andover is twinned with Royston Vasey isn't it.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Hughtons Butchers in Andover 

do a magnificent Black Pudding.

The Mrs orders a portion thrice monthly.......

15 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

It's his..

Special stuff...

:ph34r:

tumblr_n5re3c9Ufe1qblqlzo4_500.gif

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
54 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

After the Daily Mirror article we can but hope that our Chairman is making anoither attempt to land Chris Hughton.

Daily mirror think Jeremy Corbyn is fit to govern :duntmatter:WTF::tango::ghoulguy: