Chris Hughton

22 minutes ago, Plonk said:

You heard something pal or just wishful thinking. Still hoping him or him or GVB. 

Heard something but source was a drunken source.

I'm wondering if they've got the name Chris mixed up with another Chris, Coleman. :duntmatter:

Dunno why he's ruled himself out.

He won't get the chance of a premier League job for months yet and even then would he be brought in to stop a team going down.

There aren't many jobs bigger than the Wednesday job in the championship, where I think he'll have to drop to get back into management.

In fact are there any other jobs going at all besides ours in the top two leagues.

Chris Coleman is even money favourite atm. After watching Sunderland till I die, no thanks lol.

Any premier league job will come with a team down on their luck, otherwise the manager won't have been sacked. We're in the black financially, had a great run at the end of last season and look to be on a much better footing with injuries. We're a very very tempting prospect for the season compared to a team at the wrong end of the premier league I would think

17 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Any premier league job will come with a team down on their luck, otherwise the manager won't have been sacked. We're in the black financially, had a great run at the end of last season and look to be on a much better footing with injuries. We're a very very tempting prospect for the season compared to a team at the wrong end of the premier league I would think

This

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Mr Chansiri will already have asked Chris Hughton who he wants to sign. DC will have done the business behind everybodys back so no other club will be alerted. Hughton will be revealed on the pitch at Reading having taken training for the previous 2 weeks by a satellite link.

It's in the tea leaves. Ask @theowlsman.

His tea leaves are renowned for being right every time.

So DC plays a blinder and keeps it quiet and you go blabbing it all over the internet.

Gobshite.lol

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Managers back themselves in those type of situations though, and they hold the cards.

They would command a big bonus for coming in and keeping a relegation threatened team up and would also put into planning the way to get promoted the following season if they did get relegated. They would then have a significantly bigger budget than us with PL income and parachute payments.

Although we are 'in the black' currently this is due entirely to selling the ground and there is perhaps always the feeling of 'now or never' with us in terms of if we don't get promoted this season then financial constraints are just around the corner, as the past two summers are evidence of.

While Hughton has a good record, I can't help but feel he's a manager very close to reaching his sell-by date. A bit like how I would have loved to see Martin O'Neill here a few years back, but then there reached a point, maybe about 2012, when he went from being a very good manager to a very ordinary one.

Warning signs for me would be the turgid football Brighton played last season and Hughton's complete inability to incorporate new signings into the team during the past two seasons, despite spending a lot of money.

On 10/07/2019 at 19:46, Quist said:

I would prefer Monk has he is younger and has done well under similar circumstances.

MOnks bad rep is mainly based on him being very harshly removed by idiotic chairmen. Swansea - look what happened there after. Leeds - it was when that loon was in charge and they played good football, Leeds falling apart is ingrained in that club. Birmingham - Got them to top 8 then took the fall for the points deduction putting them to bottom half. Id like to se what he can do. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

While Hughton has a good record, I can't help but feel he's a manager very close to reaching his sell-by date. A bit like how I would have loved to see Martin O'Neill here a few years back, but then there reached a point, maybe about 2012, when he went from being a very good manager to a very ordinary one.

Warning signs for me would be the turgid football Brighton played last season and Hughton's complete inability to incorporate new signings into the team during the past two seasons, despite spending a lot of money.

Yes, and we’ve been there before

On 20/07/2019 at 12:58, BIG D said:

I’ve not given up on Hughton yet but let’s face it he’s managed at the top level and will probably bide his time until this seasons sack race starts. 

Not even sure then - he's still getting paid by Brighton.

Would've been brilliant for us though, knowing virtually all our squad.