Kieran Lee

1 hour ago, Beatpusher said:

is he renewing?
if he gets back fit and firing, it's the best piece of business we can do in this window imo

The most important business this season is to tie Westwood down to a longer deal, agreed sign getting Lee to re sign is right up there, fully fit he would be like a new player.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The most important business this season is to tie Westwood down to a longer deal, agreed sign getting Lee to re sign is right up there, fully fit he would be like a new player.

We're just hoping he's as good as the last one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m guessing it’s a short term offer to prove he is still of use . If he is fine if he’s not , unlike the previous idiotic regime , we aren’t stuck with dead wood . Of course he will sign , he won’t exactly be inundated with offers . It’s a no risk situation for both parties

I’m a massive fan of Lee, if he could have stayed fit he would be a Premiership player by now imo. His injury record is a massive concern now, I just can’t see him ever playing more than 4-5 games in a row for us. Would love him to get back to his best though because on his day he is one of the best in the league. Also I’m slightly surprised we haven’t announced signed contract extensions by now. Surely the players would have decided? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

The fact that Bruce has offered a contract of some sort speaks volumes.

He played 60 minutes at the end of the season and looked physically ok but not match fit.

Surely will sign and want to see if he can have a successful end to his career. 

Would cost millions to sign a player to replace a fully fit Lee.

Lee’s a good championship player, but are people bigging him up a bit too much? 

He’s never been a game changer, and is another part of the failed play off squad 

Be good to have him back, but some are acting like he’s the second coming of Jesus, and the ‘best piece of busiiness’ we can do all summer. I disagree with that 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The most important business this season is to tie Westwood down to a longer deal.

He's a good keeper but I always remember how good Danny Ward was for Huddersfield, in their promotion season. Looked a cut above Westwood in our semi final - He was a loanee! - as was Henderson for United. Doesn't make us more defensively sound, if he signs and we miss out on Hector.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

He's a good keeper but I always remember how good Danny Ward was for Huddersfield, in their promotion season. Looked a cut above Westwood in our semi final - He was a loanee! - as was Henderson for United. Doesn't make us more defensively sound, if he signs and we miss out on Hector.

Westwood is a great keeper at Champ level. Him signing v him not signing would make us more defensively sound. As long as the financials stack up, the Westwood signing is a complete no brainer for me.

Edited by We are all Wednesday
  • Like 1

To be honest I think we have to move away from the obsession with the play off boys. All failed to get us promoted. Individually very talented players but just couldn’t get us over the line as a team.

Big fan of Lee and no harm in offering a new deal, but we shouldn’t pin our hopes on him. What we do in the transfer market is far more important this year. We need a new look squad. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be honest I think we have to move away from the obsession with the play off boys. All failed to get us promoted. Individually very talented players but just couldn’t get us over the line as a team.

Big fan of Lee and no harm in offering a new deal, but we shouldn’t pin our hopes on him. What we do in the transfer market is far more important this year. We need a new look squad. 

Correct . If he’s okay , he’s a decent back up . But we need to move on from looking backwards. Hutchinson needs upgrading , I’m sick of watching him hobble off . Hooper rightly went . Westwood and lees still have something to offer but the rest have seen better days 

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Look at it this way Hector played in front of Dawson and Westwood, one faced the most shots in the league and we were struggling big time, the other came in and our form went through the roof as did our clean sheet stats.

Answers itself for me.

As for Ward looking a cut above, I know who I would sooner have as my number one.

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Correct . If he’s okay , he’s a decent back up . But we need to move on from looking backwards. Hutchinson needs upgrading , I’m sick of watching him hobble off . Hooper rightly went . Westwood and lees still have something to offer but the rest have seen better days 

Thankfully Bruce appears to be keen to change things for the better.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Thankfully Bruce appears to be keen to change things for the better.

Really needs to. He took a couple of looks at hooper and realised he was finished . Realised Matias wasn’t consistent enough and that Boyd had had his day. Refreshing to see a manager cut the deadwood at the right time 

25 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

As for Ward looking a cut above, I know who I would sooner have as my number one.

The 14m Leicester City backup? :laugh: 

Over the course of time, he's been brilliant but he's not the be all and end all. Them Leon Clarke pea rollers he let go past him still haunt me

Just because he’s been here a few years and was part of the playoff final loss doesn’t mean he can’t help us push forward. He’s one of the best midfielders in the league, in my opinion. 

If we can get him back to his old self, and on a contract that will be favourable to us, no doubt, it will be one of the better deals this summer.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Lee’s a good championship player, but are people bigging him up a bit too much? 

He’s never been a game changer, and is another part of the failed play off squad 

Be good to have him back, but some are acting like he’s the second coming of Jesus, and the ‘best piece of busiiness’ we can do all summer. I disagree with that 

Are your eyes painted on?

• Haha 5