Kieran Lee

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

The 14m Leicester City backup? :laugh: 

Over the course of time, he's been brilliant but he's not the be all and end all. Them Leon Clarke pea rollers he let go past him still haunt me

Transfer fees count for very little in an over inflated market, given the choice between Ward and Westwood I would take Westwood any day if the week, he fits our team like a glove and that's worth any money.

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be honest I think we have to move away from the obsession with the play off boys. All failed to get us promoted. Individually very talented players but just couldn’t get us over the line as a team.

Big fan of Lee and no harm in offering a new deal, but we shouldn’t pin our hopes on him. What we do in the transfer market is far more important this year. We need a new look squad. 

Agreed, and SB has already said the squad is stale and needs changes. We have 7 or 8 players who have the ability to be part of a promotion squad, that's all.

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Danny Ward is nowehere near as good as Westwood and neither is Henderson.

I hope you're right, as it stands Danny Ward value is currently 14m and Hendersons value is 10m roughly.

Westwood on a 2 year could be a burden to the club.

14 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Lee’s a good championship player, but are people bigging him up a bit too much? 

He’s never been a game changer, and is another part of the failed play off squad 

Be good to have him back, but some are acting like he’s the second coming of Jesus, and the ‘best piece of busiiness’ we can do all summer. I disagree with that 

That, quite simply is the biggest load of b*llocks I have read on here in a long time.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I hope you're right, as it stands Danny Ward value is currently 14m and Hendersons value is 10m roughly.

Westwood on a 2 year could be a burden to the club.

westwood  is worthless when it comes to transfer value …...when it comes to ability he's at least the equal of those 2 so to replace him would cost a lot of money ….makes sense to retain him don't you think ?

17 hours ago, prowl said:

Sorry but I disagree. Our defence was shambolic with Hector but without Westwood. One Westwood was back the whole defence knitted together and Hector looked much better. I think Westwood is the glue that holds it all together.

I'll start by saying Westwood is a leader and organiser. He does the job Tom lees Is supposed to do and we did look a lot more solid when he came back in. 

Having said that, he missed a few games again and Dawson came back in got a clean sheet finally and we still looked better than before defencivly. 

My main thought with this is becouse Bruce came in and played where possible (apart from left backs dropping like flys) until Palmer played there a settled side. 

Cohesion brings clean sheets for me and playing a settled back four is just as important. 

Under sg and then Carlos first season wee used a small pool of players regularly. 

Under jos, he chopped and changed everywhere, every week and was what made us look so vulnerable and shambolic as far as organisation is compared. 

So for me it was probably more down to Bruce that just westwood coming back in. 

10 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Age means nothing when you're as good as he is.

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

westwood  is worthless when it comes to transfer value …...when it comes to ability he's at least the equal of those 2 so to replace him would cost a lot of money ….makes sense to retain him don't you think ?

We just cant look at anyone with the love goggles on, he's been a brilliant servant and I wouldnt be unhappy if he resigned.

Just thinking of age and increased chance of injuries, we cant rely on any 1 player.

On 16/06/2019 at 09:55, FreshOwl said:

Lee’s a good championship player, but are people bigging him up a bit too much? 

I don't think so, we haven't seen him play for a good long while, so maybe forgetting how good he is?

His one/two touch play is exceptional, has a great engine, and scores goals, if we were to try and sign a similar player now, how much is that going to cost?

Lee is the championship version of David Silva.. clearly not at the same level but in playing style. A fit Lee used correctly in a decent team is one of the best players in this league without question. Hopefully he can rediscover some of his previous form 

Waits for the usual poster to misinterpret this post and say “Lee compared to David Silva, I’ve heard it all now” 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Lee is the championship version of David Silva.. clearly not at the same level but in playing style. A fit Lee used correctly in a decent team is one of the best players in this league without question. Hopefully he can rediscover some of his previous form 

Waits for the usual poster to misinterpret this post and say “Lee compared to David Silva, I’ve heard it all now” 

Agreed.

He is a fantastic championship player if he can get to his old level of performance again.

He is very intelligent in the way he anticipates where to go on the pitch.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2019 at 06:16, james o connor said:

I’m guessing it’s a short term offer to prove he is still of use . If he is fine if he’s not , unlike the previous idiotic regime , we aren’t stuck with dead wood . Of course he will sign , he won’t exactly be inundated with offers . It’s a no risk situation for both parties

Unless he does have other offers. To assume he hasn't may be a little presumptuous. If we are offering him a deal there may be others willing to do the same.

I find it weird people think Lee was a game changer. I agree in a sense, but only because he didn't really need to change a game as he usually had the game by the scruff of the neck. Not giving anyone any space, making clever runs and passes. Defensively almost always there. He is the best midfielder I have seen play for the club for what he brings. I have said it before our downturn in form and luck ran at the same time he has been out injured. I hope he comes back the player he was, but we can only know this by giving him a chance. 

• Like 1