Have we sold our ground

The training ground lease is down to 40 years so worth two thirds of FA.

Plus , the Council as freeholders would want their wedge for any lease extension.

But we do urgently need a new facility to improve squad, reduce injuries and build on brilliant work with juniors.

For me, ex - Norton aerodrome would be ideal and cheap as in green belt (so only suitable for sports / leisure under planning policies).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Plus , the Council as freeholders would want their wedge for any lease extension.

But we do urgently need a new facility to improve squad, reduce injuries and build on brilliant work with juniors.

For me, ex - Norton aerodrome would be ideal and cheap as in green belt (so only suitable for sports / leisure under planning policies).

Hmmmmm,lets see now,buy a plot,develop it,highways planning etc,or pay for an extension to a lease.............yeh difficult choice that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hmmmmm,lets see now,buy a plot,develop it,highways planning etc,or pay for an extension to a lease.............yeh difficult choice that.

But Middlewood's just not big enough, at about 13 acres. Everton's new academy 's 55 acres.

Plus Chansiri tells us he has loads of dosh and this is not FFP - constrained.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

There's a field behind Greno woods that doesn't get used much. Apart from at night time :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

I believe that it is badly contaminated with fuel from it's time as an air base

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But Middlewood's just not big enough, at about 13 acres. Everton's new academy 's 55 acres.

Didn't the council ask the government back in 2013 for permission to acquire the freehold for Norton off the Homes And Communities Agency, which was approved .

The land you're on about appears to be contaminated anyhow , may be that's why nothing has been built there.

The Executive Director, Resources and Executive Director, Place submitted a joint report seeking approval to negotiate the freehold acquisition by the Council of 18.7 hectares of land at the Former Norton Aerodrome, Lightwood from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) with the aim of delivering comprehensive restoration and effective long-term use of the site. The Local Growth Funding (LGF) would be used to finance the acquisition, demolition of the derelict buildings and holding costs pending future disposal(s) when the capital receipt will be used to repay the LGF so that it can be recycled.

RESOLVED: That Cabinet:-

(a)

approves the freehold acquisition of the former Norton Aerodrome from the Homes and Communities Agency;

(b)

delegates authority to the Director of Property and Facilities Management to agree the terms of acquisition with the HCA and instruct the Director of Legal Services to prepare and complete all necessary documentation to conclude the purchase in accordance with the agreed terms; and

(c)

Reasons for Decision

It would enable the Council to take initiatives to remove dereliction and contamination on a conspicuous and sensitive site.

The previously-developed part of the site has potential to deliver some new built development under national Green Belt policy and this could contribute to the Council’s strategic housing objectives.

It would allow the undeveloped area of the site to be maintained and enhanced to improve the recreational offer for the local community whilst ensuring the ecological issues are addressed.

notes that a capital approval submission for the expenditure has been submitted as part of the agreed monthly budget monitoring process to authorise and procure the necessary capital works and that the relevant Local Growth Fund authorities have been obtained under the agreed delegations.

34 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Everyone knows Middlewood's not big enough,but if its a case of make do until,then so be it,premier league monies may see us relocate somewhere.

13 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I believe that it is badly contaminated with fuel from it's time as an air base

Looking at old photos, a lot of  the out buildings would probably had asbestos in them , that's why they are ecological  issues with the land.

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was speaking to the guy who first told me about the proposed ground sale this weekend. Apparently DC wanted to sell each stand separately (to associates from who he would lease them back for a song) but that was not feasible so ended up doing whole ground.

Still think DC is a front for a consortium of some sort.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Minton said:

Based on what?

Very little evidence of his own professional background and wealth.

Originally reported as a consortium.

The TUF advertising at the original press conference, despite DC having very little personal interest in TUF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Very little evidence of his own professional background and wealth.

Originally reported as a consortium.

The TUF advertising at the original press conference, despite DC having very little personal interest in TUF.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever. Google him - there's almost nothing out there at all pre dating him buying us yet people in the game say he has v deep pockets. Doesn't add up. He's a front man, in my opinion 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dfoster said:

No doubt in my mind whatsoever. Google him - there's almost nothing out there at all pre dating him buying us yet people in the game say he has v deep pockets. Doesn't add up. He's a front man, in my opinion 

Its possible but think we would have found out about it before now if true.