Have we sold our ground

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Despite the tongue in cheek nature of that post, it was never the intention of Chansiri to buy the ground, as far as I can see. The club already "owes" him a substantial amount of money related to director loans. All he has to do is use some of the said money (which he was never going to get back anyway unless he sells up at a substantial profit or spends a few seasons in the PL) to "buy" the freehold a.k.a. debt to equity and create a false profit on the next accounts.

False profits never get owt reight tho, FFS :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Two separate issues at play, money owned by Thai Union Group and money owned by the Chansiri family. Thai Union are publicly owned and would have to justify any involvement in football to the general shareholders. That justification would have to include a demonstrable and clear return on investment. What the Chansiri family (either DC individually or collectively) do with their own private wealth or privately owned companies in their possession is entirely a matter for them. It is a clear distinction. None of the Chansiri family have the authority to use T.U.G. shareholder funds outside the core disciplines of the company, namely food manufacture and processing.

Very informative your posts and some great points.

And Derby's sale and leaseback has turned a big loss into a decent profit so agree Chansiri could do same with us via some financial gymnastics.

However, I still feel a voting share offer to fans would be best way to raise dosh and take club forward.

Still can't help feeling there are other beneficial owners - why would you keep Paxo around after his Doyen mob have helped sink us?

Edited by fred mciver

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

And Derby's sale and leaseback has turned a big loss into a decent profit so agree Chansiri could do same with us via some financial gymnastics.

However, I still feel a voting share offer to fans would be best way to raise dosh and take club forward.

Still can't help feeling there are other beneficial owners - why would you keep Paxo around after his Doyen mob have helped sink us?

We struggled to get the £100k required last time.  What chance do you think their is of raising over £30m this time?

On 23/05/2019 at 15:40, i used to be sc_owl said:

Not trawling through 70 pages.

Have we sold the ground or not?

On 23/05/2019 at 18:48, oldtawnyowl said:

Well I've trawler through 70 pages, albeit bit by bit over the best part of a week.

So if you're not prepared to trawl through  'em, then I'm not going to tell you.:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Not trawling through 80 pages.

Have we sold the ground or not?

Still not telling yer !! lol

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

giphy (1).gif

Is that, NOOO! we haven't, NOOO! we have, or NOOO! we may, or may not have, let's have another 81 pages of trying to sound informed in different and ever more creative ways, because we simply have no idea of the truth?

lol  :Chansiri:   :Sid:

Guest mkowl
6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

It would do nothing to alleviate FFP issues though.

Why Club 1867 was tried. It was basically accounting alchemy to turn a long term loan into an item of revenue like pie sales

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Is that, NOOO! we haven't, NOOO! we have, or NOOO! we may, or may not have, let's have another 81 pages of trying to sound informed in different and ever more creative ways, because we simply have no idea of the truth?

lol  :Chansiri:   :Sid:

No.

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2