Have we sold our ground

15 hours ago, billyblack said:

Im not talking about premiership alone. Im talking all football.

mmmm! in the championship with 2 games per week plus cup games to add, you'd need a squad of players big enough to cope with extreme fatigue, burn out, and cripples who'd played on with an injury whilst unfit 'cos they'd no subs left.

in the premier they'd be less games as we'd be out of europe at the first round every time, as decent foreign players wouldn't want to be 'pulling a cart' in uk football.

I struggle with the 'idea' of altering the english game away from the european or world wide model, at present it seems we are for next season introducing 'new rulings' for us that may well hamper our sides in europe, and the national team too at a time when things we definitely looking up. typical of our 'old farts'.

from the answers on this page, it seems just about (and i'm being kind putting 'just about') everybody thinks your idea is a no no.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Thanks 1

Guest mkowl

I prefer the word workaround to loophole

And if it wasn't in the regulations then tough - change them

6 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I think it's a grest move as long as the chairman learns from it.

Well he has to make it work now, he has played his only joker. There isnt another one to play in my mind. 

My concern is he wont learn or cant. Where does it leave the club in another 2 or 3 years. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well he has to make it work now, he has played his only joker. There isnt another one to play in my mind. 

My concern is he wont learn or cant. Where does it leave the club in another 2 or 3 years. 

The main difference now is we have a competent manager.

That's got to make some sort of difference. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The main difference now is we have a competent manager.

That's got to make some sort of difference. 

Did i read or here somewhere that Bruce had complete control over transfers or he wouldnt be here?

36 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Did i read or here somewhere that Bruce had complete control over transfers or he wouldnt be here?

Correct, I'm sure he said it in one of his interviews when he started.

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

So seeing reports we've deffo sold the ground today, expecting to be confirmed when the accounts are released in the next few weeks, absoloutley brilliant that it looks like we can strengthen the squad again.

Glad you think selling our main asset in order to broadly balance out our shambolic financial mire against the background of transfer sanctions and chronically late submissions of tax returns somehow allows us to now further 'splash the cash'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Glad you think selling our main asset in order to broadly balance out our shambolic financial mire against the background of transfer sanctions and chronically late submissions of tax returns somehow allows us to now further 'splash the cash'.

Might be being a bit pedantic, but I don't think we've been late submitting tax returns. Just late submitting accounts to companies house as far as I'm aware.

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Might be being a bit pedantic, but I don't think we've been late submitting tax returns. Just late submitting accounts to companies house as far as I'm aware.

Think he meant accounts.

Reckon HMRC would be having a word had we not been paying our taxes..

Guest mkowl
17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Actually one be due to be filed at end of May with HMRC.

If you extend an accounting period you still have to file 12 months and in this case a 2 month return. The filing period is 12 months from the end of each return period.

I don't think we have to worry ourselves about actually paying corporate tax though

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think he meant accounts.

Reckon HMRC would be having a word had we not been paying our taxes..

Well yep PAYE and VAT we have a bit of history.

I will cheer the day we actually pay corporation tax though