Name one realistic signing.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

We have made contact with Nick Powell. 

Reece James from Wigan. 

Birmingham might be having a fire sale, Jutkiewicz is an upgrade and younger than Fletcher, and I think we missed a trick not taking the lad Roberts from Barnsley. 

Re: Roberts. Didnt he cost them about £4 m tho. Blues prefer dean and morrison which is worrying

Edited by unkastav

Knudsen, out of contract, lowish wages presumably at struggling Ipswich who are about to become a third tier club.

Byrne, RB or rwb with good pace, athleticism and attacking instincts. Nominal fee, around 500k with lowish wages.

Choudhary needs game time, which he may or may not get at Leicester next year. Dcm which we need. A loan may suit all parties.

Agree with whoever said Brewster. Could be our Abraham. Coming back from injury and a season banging in goals would do him the world of good and ultimately us too.

18 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Curtis Davies. Out of contact at Derby played for him for years. 

Jake Bidwell. Out of contact at QPR, be a very decent Championship LB on a free. 

Nick Powell. Another free, Bruce tried for him at Villa. Absolutely unreal player when fit. 

Curtis Davies.. Wrong age bracket for me, we need to be looking at younger fitter signings with promise like we have with Iorfa and fingers crossed we can get him Aarons. 

Bidwell is a popular choice and would be better than what we have or will have next season, so thumbs up from me. 

Powell.... Erm it's a no from me bud. As you said very exiting player at this level, but (IF HE STAYS FIT). We don't need a potential new Abdi' to replace the other one. 

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bruce likes to sign experienced and older players over younger ones so Curtis Davies would be a good shout.

Think we might get away with bringing in one experienced player, and a centre back who has captaincy qualities, could be a deal Prefer to stick with Hector, if possible

Just now, gurujuan said:

Think we might get away with bringing in one experienced player, and a centre back who has captaincy qualities, could be a deal Prefer to stick with Hector, if possible

Would imagine they'll all be experienced pros, with one or 2 young loans.

We won't be signing any lower league risks like some have suggested that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Would imagine they'll all be experienced pros, with one or 2 young loans.

We won't be signing any lower league risks like some have suggested that's for sure.

Not least, because they would cost money Lower league talented youngsters are probably beyond us at the moment. Think we may be looking for at least 4-5 loan deals, but probably differ from you, in so much as I think we will look at youngsters It is our stated aim, and to be honest, we can get some real talent if we are prepared to get top flight youngsters Again, it’s only my opinion, but I don’t see the point in bringing in any players on loan, who aren’t better than those we have

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Knudsen, out of contract, lowish wages presumably at struggling Ipswich who are about to become a third tier club.

Byrne, RB or rwb with good pace, athleticism and attacking instincts. Nominal fee, around 500k with lowish wages.

Choudhary needs game time, which he may or may not get at Leicester next year. Dcm which we need. A loan may suit all parties.

Agree with whoever said Brewster. Could be our Abraham. Coming back from injury and a season banging in goals would do him the world of good and ultimately us too.

Doubt we could afford him . He would cost millions.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not least, because they would cost money Lower league talented youngsters are probably beyond us at the moment. Think we may be looking for at least 4-5 loan deals, but probably differ from you, in so much as I think we will look at youngsters It is our stated aim, and to be honest, we can get some real talent if we are prepared to get top flight youngsters Again, it’s only my opinion, but I don’t see the point in bringing in any players on loan, who aren’t better than those we have

The loans I'm thinking will be similar to Aarons in that they aren't the finished product, aren't experienced but will help the team.

The only lower league player I could see us going in for would be George Honeyman who I think would be a free transfer this summer (although we may have to pay some form of compo).

We'll see though, I'm sure Bruce has a transfer plan drawn out already.

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bruce likes to sign experienced and older players over younger ones so Curtis Davies would be a good shout.

This is when team have young talent and experienced required. we lack yout and legs clearly illustrated in game against Leeds,, we were well organised but players without pace were made to look poor.