Name one realistic signing.

We definitely need creative midfield cover for Bannan and an option that adds strength/height/running behind and the odd goal from midfield - especially if neither Kieran Lee or Josh Onomah are available to us  

35 minutes ago, Minton said:

Surely central midfield isn't where we need players. Pacey wingers, a striker and a new full-back on the left are what we need before a centre-mid. 

That and I can't see Villa letting him go for anything under £8m.

Bruce obviously dosnt agree . This is from his presser this morning 

Central midfield – In that area we don’t have many. We only have Hutchinson, Bannan and Pelupessy. We took a little gamble with Adam. Well, not a gamble. He enjoys it. He’s done well.So yes he’s an option. You can move him like that. But we’ll see where Bannan is and we have Hutchinson.

19 minutes ago, Minton said:

`We have Bannan, Hutch, Reach in contract who can play well there, Boyd and Lee out of contract and then players like Kirby coming up from the u23s. Surely wingers with pace are a more urgent need? Look at the difference Aarons has made.

Agreed we need a decent winger. Desperately need a another CM or two though. Pelupessey, jones and abdi will all go. Lee as well probably. Leaves and bannan and hutch. Reach isnt a CM, not full time anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Why him? He still starts most games for Villa, doesn't he?

I assumed you meant like potential loanees or whatever.

On the whole, I would've thought we'd be continuing to look for pace out wide or behind the front line, a decent tackling/holding midfielder to take the pressure off Hutch's availability (still hoping against hope for a full return to fitness for K Lee), and probably a utility defender for backup to Lees/Thorniley, regardless of whatever happens with Hector. A LB/RB too, for extra backup to Palmer and Iorfa.

Hourihane probably only comes into the fold if they go up as he’s not PL quality and maybe surplus. 

We could maybe loan him in this scenario. 

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Surely central midfield isn't where we need players. Pacey wingers, a striker and a new full-back on the left are what we need before a centre-mid. 

That and I can't see Villa letting him go for anything under £8m.

I think a lot depends on if Villa go up in getting CH. 

I do think we need some further centre midfielders as we more often than not struggle when Bannan and Hutch are out and we don’t know if Lee will be re-signed or even the same player. 

58 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I mentioned Hourihane to a villa mate when Bruce came in and he said Smith seems to fancy him more than Bruce did so probably not him, looking at Villa though...Abraham if Villa don’t go up?

bit whoever he brings in will bring quality, he knows his way around the transfer market...

6A5596E0-12D2-4B7A-B50C-8279794C9E39.jpeg

Haven’t we had representatives at Benfica games for over 3 years?

We’ve never signed one of their players have we? Think who ever got that gig has orange skin and a ruined liver. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Danny Williams injury record at Huddersfield is worse than Abdi’s

id like to look at players from the division below the who maybe could make the step up like Jamal Lowe at Portsmouth or Herbie Kane from Liverpool who is on loan at Donny

What about that Maddison from Portsmouth is it? Unless they go up, he could be a decent buy.